Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
7 Places on Your Face to Apply Highlighter
VOLUMINOUS® Original Mascara
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC Root Cover Up
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
Want to take a walk on the red side? Auburn could be the right color for you. This reddish-brown hue is seriously pretty—and the good news is, it can be tailored to your skin tone! That means anyone can pull off this gorgeous shade. Want to embrace an auburn mane? Below, find the best auburn color for your skin tone as well as tips for taking care of auburn hair.
Since auburn is customizable, you can find one that complements your skin tone easily. If you have fair skin with pink undertones or if you have olive skin, opt for an auburn that’s brown-based. Meanwhile, if you have a neutral skin tone with yellow or blue undertones or if you have dark skin, color your mane a redder auburn.
When it comes to auburn hair, you can certainly visit the salon for a professional dye job. This could be an especially good idea if you would like to tailor your hair color to your skin tone. A professional colorist can guide you in the right direction as to what shade of auburn will flatter you the most.
More of a DIY dyer? Well, you can get the look at home, too! Try the L’Oréal Paris Féria in Rich Auburn True Red or Very Rich Auburn; L’Oréal Paris Superior Preference in Light Auburn, Chic Auburn Brown, Medium Auburn Brown, or Dark Auburn; or L’Oréal Paris Excellence Creme in Light Auburn. Always follow the directions on the packaging!
Got a pretty red new ‘do? Then you’re going to want to care for it properly! The following tips will help you keep your locks in tip-top condition.
1. Use a color-safe system of shampoo and conditioner. Any ol’ hair care products won’t do. If you’ve colored your hair auburn, it’s important to have products that are formulated for color-treated hair on hand. Try the L’Oréal Paris Hair Expert Color Vibrancy Intensive Shampoo and L’Oréal Paris Hair Expert Color Vibrancy Intensive Conditioner. Gently massage the shampoo into wet hair, then rinse. Follow up with the conditioner and leave it on for 1-2 minutes before rinsing out.
2. Try a hair mask once or twice a week. Does your auburn hair feel like it needs a little extra love? Swap out your conditioner for the L’Oréal Paris Hair Expert Color Vibrancy Intensive Ultra Recovery Mask once or twice a week. Apply the mask to wet hair after shampooing, leave it on for 3-5 minutes, then rinse.
3. Wash your hair in lukewarm water. Super-hot H2O can strip your hair of essential oils, so turn down the dial and shampoo and condition in cooler water instead. It may not feel quite as relaxing as a hot shower, but your hair will thank you!
4. Lay off the heat tools. Excessive heat styling can lead to damage, so put down that blow-dryer! Air dry your auburn hair from time to time to get a beachy look. Spritz the L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray onto towel-dried hair, braid your hair, then undo the braid once your hair has dried for piece-y texture. For volume, apply an egg-sized dollop up of the L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Ruffled Body Mousse to wet hair, then let it air dry. We have a feeling your flat iron is going to start collecting dust!
5. Temporarily disguise gray roots. As with any hair color, you’re going to need to touch up your roots eventually. If you haven’t had time to do so, you can temporarily hide your gray roots with the L’Oréal Paris Root Cover Up in Red. Apply it directly to new growth and lightly through the rest of your hair to blend in the color. The quick-dry spray lasts for one shampoo.