You are $75 away from free shipping
This Is Why Our Lash Serum Is a Must
VOLUMINOUS® Original Mascara
Unbelieva-brow Longwear Waterproof Brow Gel
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
AGE PERFECT® Rosy Tone Fragrance Free Face Moisturizer
REVITALIFT DERM INTENSIVES 1.5% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
Meet The Roots
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
EVERPURE Brass Toning Purple Sulfate Free Shampoo
ELVIVE Color Vibrancy Rapid Reviver Deep Conditioner
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Find your next look
From timeless looks to the hottest trends
WOMEN OF WORTH
Honoring extraordinary women who selflessly volunteer
Learn about the science behind skin care
Get personalized steps for ultimate results
Browse your saved items
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
Can’t decide between red hair or blonde hair? Well, it turns out you don’t have to decide between these two trendy shades. Strawberry blonde hair is here to save the day. Seen on the heads of plenty of A-listers, sun-kissed red hair has made quite the name for itself. And, if you’re like us, you probably want to get in on the fun. But when it comes to switching up your hair color—especially if it’s to a more vibrant hue—there are a few things you should keep in mind. From choosing the right shade to the proper hair care routine to maintain your new color, let us teach you how to dye your hair strawberry blonde.
Ready to embrace a pretty strawberry blonde hair color? Follow these tips before you dye your hair.
1. Find your inspiration. The great thing about strawberry blonde hair is that there are so many different versions of it. While that means you have plenty of options to choose from, it also means it can be overwhelming to determine which shade of strawberry blonde will complement your features best. If you’re visiting a salon, bring in some pictures for your colorist—these examples will help you get the hue you want.
2. Determine your base. Strawberry blonde hair is easiest to bring to life on blonde hair and light red hair. When it comes to darker hair colors, the dyeing process gets a tad more complicated, since you’ll have to use bleach on your base color first. While you can do this at home, it might be best to see a professional to ensure the process goes as smoothly as possible.
3. Set aside some time and be patient. Regardless of whether you color your hair at home or get it done at the salon, going strawberry blonde can take anywhere from two hours to a couple of days. It all depends on how much lifting needs to be done. Typically, if a colorist lifts your hair color considerably, you will be asked to complete the look at a second appointment so as not to overwhelm your hair in one sitting. Don’t worry, the end result will be worth it!
4. Book an appointment or prep for DIY. As with any dye job, the question of whether to do it by yourself or with the help of a colorist comes into play. We already talked about what you should do based on your base color, but there’s more to it than just that. If it’s your first time going red (regardless of your base color), you may want to make an appointment with a colorist. That being said, there are a vast array of at-home hair color kits that can deliver stunning results, so it’s really up to you. Want to roll up your sleeves and embrace your inner colorist? Try the L’Oréal Paris Superior Preference in Light Reddish Blonde or the L’Oréal Paris Excellence Cream in Medium Reddish Blonde.
5. Go darker than your desired hue. Red hair often fades quickly, so think about dyeing your hair a few shades darker than you actually want it to be. It may seem dramatic at first but in the end, you’ll be pleased.
Once you’ve achieved your most perfect strawberry blonde hue, the last thing you’ll want to do is wash it down the drain. To prevent that from happening, use a system of hair care products (we’re talking shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask) that are safe for colored treated hair. Try the L’Oréal Paris EverPure Repair & Defend Shampoo, L’Oréal Paris EverPure Repair and Defend Conditioner, and L’Oréal Paris EverPure Repair Remedy Balm.
Think a metallic shade might be more your speed? Rose gold hair is similar to strawberry blonde hair—and it’s also on trend at the moment! For a rose gold hair color tutorial, check out our article, How to Get Rose Gold Hair.
Sign up for the latest beauty news, product samples and coupons
Now you’ll be the first to hear about our latest beauty news, product samples and coupons and so much more. You’ll hear from us soon.