You are $75 away from free shipping
This Is Why Our Lash Serum Is a Must
AGE PERFECT MAKEUP Radiant Serum Foundation with SPF 50
UNBELIEVA-BROW Longwear Waterproof Brow Gel
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
AGE PERFECT® Rosy Tone Fragrance Free Face Moisturizer
REVITALIFT DERM INTENSIVES 1.5% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC ROOT Precision Pen
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
EVERPURE Brass Toning Purple Sulfate Free Shampoo
ELVIVE Color Vibrancy Rapid Reviver Deep Conditioner
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Find your next look
Stand Up Against Violence
Street Harassment Ends Here.
WOMEN OF WORTH
Honoring extraordinary women who selflessly volunteer
Learn about the science behind skin care
Get personalized steps for ultimate results
Find the perfect gift from our carefully curated selection of top beauty favorites
Browse your saved items
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
Can’t decide between red hair or blonde hair? Well, it turns out you don’t have to decide between these two trendy shades. Strawberry blonde hair is here to save the day! Seen on the heads of plenty of A-listers, reddish blonde hair has made quite the name for itself. And, if you’re like us, you probably want to get in on the fun. But when it comes to switching up your hair color—especially if it’s to a more vibrant hue—there are a few things you should keep in mind. From choosing the right shade of strawberry blonde hair dye to the proper hair care routine for maintaining your new color, let us teach you how to dye your hair strawberry blonde.
Ready to embrace a pretty strawberry blonde hair color? Follow these tips before you dye your hair.
1. Find your inspiration. The great thing about strawberry blonde hair is that there are so many different versions of it. While that means you have plenty of options to choose from, it also means it can be overwhelming to determine which shade of reddish blonde hair dye will complement your features best. If you’re visiting a salon, bring in some pictures for your colorist—these examples will help you get the hue you want.
2. Determine your base. Strawberry blonde hair is easiest to bring to life on blonde hair and light red hair. When it comes to darker hair colors, the dyeing process gets a tad more complicated, since you’ll have to use bleach on your base color first. While you can do this at home, it might be best to see a professional, so the process goes as smoothly as possible.
3. Set aside some time and be patient. Regardless of whether you color your hair at home or get it done at the salon, going strawberry blonde can take anywhere from two hours to a couple of days. It all depends on how much lifting your hair needs. Typically, if a colorist lifts your hair color considerably, you will be asked to complete the look at a second appointment so as not to overwhelm your hair in one sitting. Don’t worry—the end result will be worth it!
4. Book an appointment or prep for DIY. As with any dye job, the question of whether to do it by yourself or with the help of a colorist comes into play. We already talked about what you should do based on your base color, but there’s more to it than just that. If it’s your first time going red (regardless of your base color), you may want to make an appointment with a colorist.
That being said, there is a vast array of at-home hair color kits that can deliver stunning results, so it’s really up to you. Want to roll up your sleeves and embrace your inner colorist? Try the L’Oréal Paris Superior Preference Fade-Defying Shine Permanent Hair Color in Light Reddish Blonde or the L’Oréal Paris Excellence Créme Permanent Triple Protection Hair Color in Medium Reddish Blonde.
5. Go darker than your desired hue. Red hair often fades quickly, so think about dyeing your hair a few shades darker than you actually want it to be. It may seem dramatic at first, but in the end, you’ll be pleased.
When it comes to going strawberry blonde, your options aren’t limited. There are quite a few ways you can interpret this trend. Need proof? We’re naming 15 different ideas below.
Red highlights are seriously trendy right now, and strawberry blonde highlights are no exception. If you aren’t prepared to rock a full head of strawberry blonde strands, try adding strawberry blonde highlights throughout your mane.
As far as hair color ideas go, it’s hard to top balayage. It makes for a stunning look, and despite what you might think, blonde balayage is far from your only option. Strawberry blonde balayage is a great option if you’re interested in the trend but want something slightly different.
How about trying out the softest of strawberry blonde shades? This super-light reddish blonde hair color complements a pale complexion and looks amazing with light eyes.
Conversely, a dark strawberry shade looks beautiful on anyone with a tan. It’s also a great option if you’re starting with a darker base since you won’t need to lighten your hair quite as much.
Yes, ombré hair is still in, and you can make your ends a pretty strawberry color to put an unexpected twist on a classic hair color idea.
If you’ve been keeping up with the biggest beauty trends right now, you’ve no doubt noticed that the ‘90s are back in a big way, in which case it should come as no surprise that chunky highlights are gaining traction once more. Instead of rocking the platinum streaks you did back then, try chunky strawberry blonde highlights.
Want to take strawberry blonde to the next level? Meet metallic strawberry blonde. Metallic hair colors are undeniably in, and this blend of rose gold and strawberry blonde is almost too pretty.
Mimic the natural highlights you had as a kid with babylights. One of our favorite highlighting techniques as of late, you can place fine strawberry blonde highlights throughout your mane for a gorgeous look.
Worried about how your reddish blonde hair color will grow out? That’s where a root melt comes in. Create a super natural-looking fade, and you won’t have to rush to the salon for touch-ups.
Sometimes you want the perfect in-between hue that’s not too light or too dark. If that sounds like you, a medium strawberry color could be right up your alley.
Copper hair is en vogue, and there’s no reason you can’t blend copper with strawberry blonde for an extra warm, eye-catching color.
As much as we love pink hair, not everyone is ready to play with fun colors. If you’re on the fence, mix a strawberry blonde base with pink highlights for a look that’s vibrant yet wearable.
For a subtler take on ombré hair, try a strawberry blonde sombré. So pretty!
Reverse balayage hair colors have been gaining popularity recently, and reverse strawberry blonde balayage might just be our favorite take on the look.
If you have light blonde hair, this one’s for you. While adding strawberry blonde highlights may not be an option, you can totally rock lowlights to add dimension and movement to your mane.
Once you’ve achieved your most perfect strawberry blonde hue, the last thing you’ll want to do is wash it down the drain. To prevent that from happening, use a system of hair care products (we’re talking shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask) that are safe for color-treated hair. Try the L’Oréal Paris EverPure Repair & Defend Shampoo, L’Oréal Paris EverPure Repair and Defend Conditioner, and L’Oréal Paris EverPure Repair Remedy Balm.
Next: 25 Auburn Hair Color Ideas for You to Find Your Perfect Shade
Sign up for the latest beauty news, product samples and coupons
Now you’ll be the first to hear about our latest beauty news, product samples and coupons and so much more. You’ll hear from us soon.