Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
7 Places on Your Face to Apply Highlighter
VOLUMINOUS® Original Mascara
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC Root Cover Up
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
It’s time to say goodbye to summer and hello to the cooler days of fall. With the change in seasons comes the opportunity to start over fresh—well, at least when it comes to your wardrobe and your beauty routine. While you probably have a few pairs of ankle booties and flannel shirts on your autumn wish list, what about a new moisturizer to go along with the dropping temperatures? As far as picking out the best moisturizer for your routine, look for one that’s formulated for your skin type and specific needs. For example, if you’re always in a rush in the morning, you may find that using a moisturizer formulated with broad-spectrum sunscreen is a convenient option. Here, learn about our best moisturizers to try during the fall months.
1. L’Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care for Normal/Oily Skin: Yes, you really do need to use a moisturizer even if you have oily skin. Here’s why: In normal and oily skin, external factors such as pollution, UV rays, and excessive cleansing can damage skin’s moisture barrier, causing loss of moisture and an increase in oil production. As a result, your complexion can end up looking overly shiny. This water-based moisturizer reduces the appearance of excess shine and has a matte finish.
2. L’Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care for Normal/Dry Skin: If you have dry skin, then you likely are already well aware of the importance of moisturizer in your daily skin care routine. In case you need a refresher, here goes: Normal and dry skin faces external factors such as pollution and UV rays that can damage skin’s moisture barrier, increasing loss of moisture and causing it to become drier. As a result, skin surface loses its glow, becoming dull-looking. Immediately after using this water-based moisturizer, skin appears more luminous.
3. L’Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care for Extra Dry Skin: Your skin type requires some extra TLC. That’s because it has a very fragile skin moisture barrier that can be easily damaged by external factors such as pollution and UV rays. Skin consequently loses its ability to retain moisture, becoming easily dehydrated, feeling tight and uncomfortable. This water-based moisturizer envelops skin with moisture, providing comfort.
4. L’Oréal Paris RevitaLift Bright Reveal Brightening Day Lotion SPF 30: Broad-spectrum sunscreen isn’t only a summer skin care essential. You should be wearing it daily year-round. According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), you should look for a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher, apply it 15 minutes before heading outside and as directed, and then reapply every two hours. This moisturizer is formulated with broad-spectrum sunscreen SPF 30. Apply it as the last step in your skin care routine—then remember to take other sun protection measures as well. These include limiting your amount of time in the sun (especially during the peak hours of 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.), seeking shade, and covering up exposed areas in long pants, long sleeves, a broad-brimmed hat, and UV-blocking sunglasses.
5. L’Oréal Paris Triple Power Mask Triple Power™ Intensive Overnight Mask: It’s time to upgrade your nighttime skin care routine with this moisturizing overnight face mask! This luxurious, hydrating leave-on creamy face mask immediately hydrates skin. Every evening, apply it to cleansed skin before bed, smoothing it over your face, neck, and jawline until absorbed. Leave it on overnight, then go about your morning regimen when you wake up. Sweet dreams, sleeping beauty!
6. L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Cell Renewal Rosy Tone Moisturizer: Skin looking a little lackluster these days? Turn your attention to this intense daily moisturizing cream enhanced with rosy pigments if you have mature skin. Immediately, skin is hydrated while skin appears younger with continued use over time. This rich, non-greasy formula smooths gently over skin to nourish it with moisture. Every morning, smooth it over cleansed skin in a circular motion.
For more moisturizing tips, check out our article, Your Ultimate Guide to Skin Hydration.