Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
Insider's Look: The Camila Cabello Havana Makeup Collection
VOLUMINOUS® Original Mascara
Havana Camila Cabello Lip Dew
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC Root Cover Up
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
When you have dry skin, it’s super-important to keep your complexion hydrated. Of course, that’s easier said than done. The good news is that there are some steps you can take to help care for dry skin—and one of those is using a humidifier. Yep, really! What’s the deal? Here, find out how a humidifier can help to alleviate dryness and other tips to add to your beauty routine if you have dry skin.
Does your skin look and feel extra dry during the cold, dry winter months? According to the American Academy of Dermatology, you can use a humidifier to help add moisture to the air. But depending on your circumstances, you may even experience weather-related dryness in the summer (particularly if you live in a dry climate or spend a lot of time in the air conditioning)—which means a humidifier could be beneficial year-round. So, consider setting one up in your bedroom for some relief!
While a humidifier can help to add moisture back into the air—which may help ease some of your dryness—it’s important to stick to a regular daily skin care routine, too. So, if you’ve got dry skin, try these tips.
1. Use a gentle cleanser. When you have dry skin, gentleness is key. That means you may want to stay away from foaming cleansers. Instead, opt for micellar water, a no-rinse cleanser that doesn’t require any harsh rubbing. The L'Oréal Paris Micellar Cleansing Water Complete Cleanser for Normal to Dry Skin hydrates and soothes. It’s powered by tiny micelles—oil molecules—that act like a magnet to lift dirt and oil off and away from the skin. All you have to do is saturate a cotton pad with the micellar water, then wipe the pad across your face.
2. Pick the right moisturizer. We get it: We probably sound like a broken record at this point, but moisturizing is essential! And when you have dry skin, you should look for a moisturizer that’s designed for your specific skin type. Try the L'Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care for Extra Dry Skin. Extra dry skin has a very fragile skin moisture barrier that can be easily damaged by external factors such as pollution and UV rays. Skin consequently loses its ability to retain moisture, which means that it can easily become dehydrated and feel tight and uncomfortable. This water-based moisturizer is formulated with hyaluronic acid and aloe water to help provide long-lasting hydration and comfort.
3. And apply it to damp skin. It’s not just about using the right moisturizer—it’s about how you apply it, too. Help lock in hydration by slathering your face lotion on damp skin post-cleansing.
4. Skip the hot water when you wash your face. Speaking of cleansing, wash your face in lukewarm water, since super-hot water can strip your skip of essential oils, which can leave you feeling even drier.
5. Don’t forget about the rest of your body! It’s not just your face that needs love. Taking lukewarm showers is also a good idea. Once you’re out of the tub, apply a hydrating body lotion while you’re still damp. Pay particular attention to areas that may be excessively dry, such as your elbows, knees, and feet.
6. Wear a radiant finish foundation. When your skin is on the dry side, it can often look dull. When it comes to your makeup application, reach for a foundation that has a radiant finish, like the L'Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation. Once you’ve gotten through your skin care routine, then you can apply your makeup. Do so with a makeup sponge, like the L'Oréal Paris Infallible Blend Artist Foundation Blender, using quick dabbing and rolling motions to blend the foundation onto your skin.
Happy humidifying and hydrating!