Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
Insider's Look: The Camila Cabello Havana Makeup Collection
VOLUMINOUS® Original Mascara
Unbelieva-brow Longwear Waterproof Brow Gel
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
Meet The Roots
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
You’ve already started planning outfits to knock everyone’s socks off this holiday season, and you’ve probably picked out a coordinating lipstick to rock—but what about your brows? How you style your eyebrows could make all the difference when it comes to whether or not you steal the show at all the holiday events you attend this year. Don’t you want to hear people saying, “The turkey was OK, but did you check out those brows?” If you’re ready to take your eyebrows to the next level right in time for the holidays, all you need to do is follow our tutorial for getting bold, brushed brows. Find that, plus eyebrow makeup recommendations and tips on growing out your brows, below!
Before we dive into creating bold brows with makeup, you may want to start working on getting bolder, bushier brows for real. Here are a few tips to prep your brows for their holiday season style.
1. Stay away from tweezers. The #1 rule of growing out your eyebrows is as follows: Leave them alone! It may seem obvious, but it doesn’t hurt to repeat ourselves: The more you pluck, wax, or thread your brows, the less hair there will be. You may be tempted to clean up your brows once they resemble caterpillars, but you’ll need to resist if fuller-looking brows are what you want. Be strong!
2. Keep brows groomed. When you start growing out those bad boys, there’s a solid chance your brows may look unruly. Keep them under control by staying on top of grooming. You can keep it simple using a clear brow gel—clear mascara works in a pinch, too—to brush through and set your brows.
3. Give it time! Patience is a virtue, and that certainly holds true in terms of getting fuller-looking brows. Your brows aren’t going to stop looking super-thin or patchy in a day or two—it could take a while. (Check out our article, How to Get Full-Looking Brows, for more advice.)
We have to cover one more thing before teaching you the best technique for brushed brows—what eyebrow makeup to use. Have your pick our best options:
L’Oréal Paris Brow Stylist Boost & Set Brow Mascara: Available in four shades, this gel mousse formula isn’t sticky or tacky! The skinny angled brush is perfect for making brows look super-sharp.
L’Oréal Paris Brow Stylist Brow Raiser Highlighter Duo: This two-sided chubby pencil features one matte side meant to conceal and perfect and one shimmery side to highlight and define the arch of your brows. We know you love double-duty products! (Here are 6 Double-Duty Skin Care Products to Help You Multi-Task Like a Pro.)
L’Oréal Paris Brow Stylist Frame & Set: This cream pomade comes with a double-ended brush and blending spoolie tool—everything you need to get the look you’re after. The lightweight formula easily glides onto skin and brow hairs to frame and set, while the brush draws in individual hairs, precisely shapes arches, and fills in eyebrows for a naturally defined and styled look that stays put.
The holidays are right around the corner, and you’ll need amazing eyebrows. Follow these simple steps to make sure you’re dubbed “best brows” at every holiday party.
Step 1: Brush your brows. Just as you should brush through your hair before styling, the same should go for your eyebrows. Using a spoolie, start brushing your brows out. For a “fluffing” effect, brush all the hair upwards. Then, run the spoolie along the tops of your brows, pushing the hairs back into place. There you go—you’re practically a brow brushing pro.
Step 2: Fill in your brows. Using the eyebrow makeup of your choosing, start filling in your brows. To achieve the bold look you’re after, start by creating a line on the top and bottom of your brows, then fill in in-between. For a touch of extra drama, opt for eyebrow makeup that’s a shade darker than your natural hair color.
Step 3: Brush again! In case your brushing efforts were messed up during the last step, brush your brows again. This time you can lock your brows in place, so try brushing on a bit of brow gel.
4. Clean up with concealer. Not everyone gets their brows just right on the first try—but that doesn’t mean you have to start from scratch. Concealer can be your hero in that scenario. Dip a small brush into the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Total Cover Concealing & Contour Kit and clean up any imperfect edges.
5. Set with a spray. You may be used to setting a full face of makeup, but don’t forget to make sure your brows will last, too. We certainly don’t need your eyebrow makeup smudging off your face half way through that office holiday party. Grab the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray and spritz a few times to help lock in your look.
Pair your brushed brows with another one of our favorite holiday makeup looks: smudge-proof liquid lipstick! Read our article, A Smudge-Proof Liquid Lipstick Look Perfect for the Holidays, to find out how to get the look.