Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
7 Places on Your Face to Apply Highlighter
VOLUMINOUS® Original Mascara
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC Root Cover Up
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
If we asked you what skin care issue you were most annoyed by, we have a feeling under-eye puffiness would be high up on that list. So, what can you do about it? Well, if you have under-eye bags, consider adding an eye cream to your skin care routine. Keep reading to learn about our best eye creams for puffiness and how to apply them.
Looking to find an eye cream that’s formulated to address the appearance of under-eye puffiness? You’ve come to the right place. Below are our best eye creams for puffiness. Find out how they work so that you can pick the right one for your skin care routine.
If you’re in your 20s…try the L’Oréal Paris Eye Defense. Just starting to put together an anti-aging routine? Don’t forget to pay attention to your delicate under-eye area. This light, non-greasy gel-cream is specially formulated to defend against signs of pre-mature aging around the eyes, like dark circles, puffiness, and wrinkles. It’s formulated with hyaluronic acid and caffeine.
If you’re in your 30s…try the L’Oréal Paris RevitaLift Miracle Blur Eye. When you’re in your 30s, you may start to notice that signs of aging are appearing. This silky, hydrating formula glides onto skin for an immediate smoothing effect and a cool finish. Light-diffusing pigments instantly blur signs of aging around your eyes, while the cream reduces the appearance of dark circles, puffiness, and wrinkles with continued use over time.
If you’re in your 40s…try the L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition Eye Balm. As skin matures, one of the biggest changes around the eyes is the loss of moisture, nutrients, and natural oils. This rich, luxurious balm intensely moisturizes mature skin. Formulated with precious oils, the formula helps provide long-lasting hydration and comfort. With continued use over time, dark circles and puffiness appear visibly reduced.
If you’re a guy…try the L’Oréal Paris Men Expert™ Hydra-Energetic Ice Cold Eye Roller. Don’t worry dudes, there’s an eye cream just for you. Use this cooling eye roller around the eyes to diminish the appearance of signs of aging around the eyes, including puffiness.
Once you have your eye cream picked out, make sure you know how to use it—the right way.
1. Complete the rest of your routine. An eye cream should be the very last step in your skin care routine. Use any cleansers, scrubs, serums, and moisturizers before breaking out an under-eye product. (For help building your routine, try Our Foolproof Skin Care Routine for All Skin Types.)
2. Use the right amount. Don’t be excessive with eye cream. A little goes a long way—just a dime-sized amount should be enough for the whole eye area.
3. Wet your skin. Just as the American Academy of Dermatology recommends applying moisturizer to damp skin, the same goes for eye cream. Get the skin surrounding your eyes wet first to help lock in hydration.
4. Dot on eye cream. Using your finger, dot eye cream on both below and above your eye. Keep the product about half an inch from your lash line.
5. Pat, don’t rub. The most delicate skin on your face happens to be around your eyes. To make sure the eye cream soaks into your skin without having to play rough, use the pad of your finger to pat—not rub—the product in.
6. Let it sit. You may be done with application, but don’t move on just yet. Give your eye cream a minute or two to sink in. Immediately layering makeup on top could mean eye cream that shifts throughout the day. It’s well worth waiting. Just take a few minutes to brush your teeth or work a styling product through your hair, then get back to work.
Still in the mood for more eye cream info? Head on over to our article, 5 Eye Cream Hacks to Help You Get the Most Out of This Product.