Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
5 Lipstick Mistakes You Could Be Making
VOLUMINOUS® X Fiber Mascara
COLOUR RICHE® Matte Lipstick
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC Root Cover Up
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
Want to shine bright? It’s time to add highlighter to your makeup routine, if you haven’t already. Applying a skin-illuminating product is essentially a hack for getting a flawless-looking face. In fact, if you know where to wear highlighter, you can create sharper-looking cheekbones, fuller-looking lips, brighter-looking eyes, and a narrower-looking nose. Below, learn the best places to apply highlighter and how to do it. It’s glow time!
Before you get started, it’s important to find a highlighter that suits your needs. Here are three options from L’Oréal Paris.
L’Oréal Paris True Match™ Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator: Available in three different color combos, these illuminating powders feature four shades that can be swirled together or used separately to open the eyes, create symmetry, and define the face.
L’Oréal Paris True Match™ Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator: This liquid highlight is a multi-tasker that can be worn all over or placed on key points. Wear it under, over, or mixed into your foundation for a variety of lit-from-within looks.
L’Oréal Paris Magic Lumi Primer Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer: Enlighten your complexion with this primer. Try it with foundation for a soft light illusion, or use it to highlight specific features and create a sculpted effect.
Use highlighter strategically for a pretty glow and avoid taking your makeup into disco ball territory.
1. Cheeks. With the help of a highlighter, sky high model-worthy cheekbones can be in your near future. First, find your cheekbones by drawing an invisible line from the middle of your ear towards your lips. Voilà, there it is! Your highlight will go just above this line, from the top of your ear to the outer corner of your eye. Take a fan brush and sweep a highlighting powder on, or use your finger to dot on a liquid light reflector before blending out.
2. Eyes. In order to help achieve a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed look, highlight your eyes in two places. Use a light, sparkly eye shadow like the L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Eyeshadow in Petite Perle and a small shadow brush to illuminate the center of your eyelids and the inner corners of your eyes. If you’re not feeling particularly well-rested, highlighting these spots can help make your eyes look bigger and brighter. Perfect for faking a night of flawless sleep!
3. Under eyes. Disguise dark circles and a dull complexion by placing highlighter under your eyes. With your ring finger, pat on an illuminating concealer, gently working it into your skin to brighten and hide darkness. Try the L’Oréal Paris Magic Lumi Highlighting Concealer.
4. Brow bone. Achieving defined, bold brows doesn’t end with a brow pencil or pomade. Filling brows in should be followed with highlighting underneath. Just a touch of highlighter can help raise your brow’s arch and complete your sculpting. Blend a light eye shadow or illuminator along your brow bone, just under your eyebrows.
5. Nose. If you wish your nose looked slightly slimmer, then grab a highlighter. If you add a subtle highlight down the bridge of your nose, your eyes are drawn to the “light” and are tricked into thinking your nose is narrower than it really is. Focus product on the end of your nose to give the tip an instant lift. For less obvious highlighting, opt for an option without shimmer, like a concealer that’s two to three shades lighter than your skin tone. The L’Oréal Paris True Match™ Concealer comes in nine shades.
6. Cupid’s bow. Pucker up! Plump up the look of your pout by highlighting the dip above your top lip, a.k.a. the cupid’s bow. Using your fingertip, apply just a touch of your favorite glow-getter to help make your upper lip look fuller. Remember, this is a case where less is more! Too much highlighter and the only illusion you’ll have created is that of upper lip sweat. Go for just a subtle glisten to get luscious-looking lips instead.
7. Lips. Don’t let your bottom lip feel left out—make your lips match with more strategically placed highlighter. Adding a powder illuminator to the center of your lower lip can help make it appear fuller. This hint of luster can make the lip seem bigger by dragging the eye down.