Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
5 Lipstick Mistakes You Could Be Making
VOLUMINOUS® X Fiber Mascara
COLOUR RICHE® Matte Lipstick
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC Root Cover Up
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
Doesn’t it seem like a new hair color trend pops up each and every day? Well, if you watched your favorite celebs strut down the red carpet during award show season this year, you surely would have noticed a theme: Gray blonde hair is totally in right now! Gray hair was already having a moment, but gray-tinged blonde takes that trend to a whole new level. Want to get in on the gray blonde fun yourself? Here’s everything you need to know about dyeing your hair this hue and caring for it after the coloring process is over.
Typically, this hair color will look best on lighter skin tones. Make sure to choose a pale, yellow blonde, as anything more golden can look a little harsh. Of course, since this is a super-trendy shade, you may want to consider visiting a professional salon and seeking out the help of a colorist. It’s a good idea to bring in photos showing examples of what you want your hair color to look like. A colorist will also be able to guide you in finding the right shade for your skin tone.
Of course, if you’re not already blonde, you’ll need to have your hair bleached to lighten your color. If you’re starting with a dark base, it could take multiple sessions at the salon to get your desired gray blonde shade. When it comes to trendy hair colors, oftentimes patience is key! Starting to go gray? You’re in luck! Ask your stylist to blend your gray hair with highlights and lowlights to create a multidimensional look that doesn’t require coloring your entire head.
Once you’ve colored your hair, you’ll want to change up your hair care routine to help keep your locks in tip-top shape. Follow the below tips and you’ll be golden!
1. Use a system of shampoo and conditioner for blonde, color-treated hair. Gray blonde hair does require some special maintenance. The L’Oréal Paris EverPure Blonde Shampoo and L’Oréal Paris EverPure Blonde Conditioner system helps gently cleanse, condition, and balance blonde hair. What’s more, the system helps neutralize unwanted brassiness and deeply nourish over-processed hair. Apply the shampoo in the shower to wet hair, gently massaging it through your strands, then rinse. Follow up with the conditioner, leaving it on for 1-2 minutes before rinsing out.
2. Add a shade-reviving treatment to your weekly hair care routine. Blonde hair looking a little brassy? The L’Oréal Paris EverPure Blonde Shade Reviving Treatment can be used once a week to help neutralize unwanted brassiness and deeply nourish over-processed hair. After rinsing out the L’Oréal Paris EverPure Blonde Shampoo, apply shade-reviving treatment to towel-dried hair, leave it on for 3-5 minutes, then rinse.
3. Turn down the heat in the tub. Sure, a piping hot shower might feel really good in the moment, but it’s not all that great for your hair. In fact, super-high temps can actually strip your hair of essential oils, leaving it feeling dry. So, the next time you bathe, turn the dial down and rinse off in lukewarm water instead. It might not feel quite as relaxing, but your hair will thank you!
4. Rock some waves. Bleach can do a number to your mane—so put aside the heat tools (which can cause damage when used excessively) and embrace your hair’s gorgeous natural texture from time to time. Just like gray blonde is a popular hair color trend, beachy waves are a popular hairstyle trend—and not just in the summer. To get the look, spritz on the L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray to towel-dried hair, then braid your hair until it’s completely dry. Create one braid for looser waves or multiple braids for tighter waves. Once your hair has dried, undo the braid(s), gently tousle your waves, and you’re good to go!
5. Visit the salon for a touch-up. Don’t want to worry about walking around with root regrowth? Schedule your appointments in advance and make sure to set a reminder on your phone so you don’t forget!