Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
3 Mermaid Lip Looks to Rock All Summer Long
VOLUMINOUS® Lash Paradise Washable Mascara
COLOUR RICHE® Matte Lipstick
Multi-Masking Recipes For Every Combination Skin Type
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Mask
6 Low Maintenance Hair Color Ideas for Summer 2017
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC Root Cover Up
How to Manage Split Ends (Without Losing Length)
HAIR EXPERT Extraordinary Clay Shampoo
HAIR EXPERT Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
5 Pretty Short Hairstyles for Summer 2017
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
Breakage is a bummer. If you’re seeing lots of bits of hair on the bathroom floor after you brush or blow-dry, that extra hair loss is affecting how thick and luscious your locks look. But fear not! There are ways to prevent breakage so that strands can grow to their full potential, giving you a more beautiful and fuller head of hair in the process.
1. Don’t tug tangles. Hair is weakest and most prone to breakage when wet, so heed this golden rule: Never pull on wet tangles with a hairbrush. Instead, slowly work a wide-tooth comb through damp strands, starting from the bottom and working your way up the shaft. If you hit a tangle that you can’t delicately work through, apply conditioner or a detangling spray to the knot to loosen it up, and then go back and gently comb through. If tough tangles are a recurring issue for you, consider using an oil-based deep conditioner in the shower to help prevent the problem before it begins.
2. Use sulfate-free products. To cleanse and style hair as gently as possible, use sulfate-free formulas. L’Oréal Paris EverStrong Anti-Breakage Shampoo and Conditioner are inspired by the sulfate-free formulas enriched with replenishing botanicals that otherwise cost multiple times the price at high end salons. The products feature anti-breakage benefits, too. Ceramide is utilized as an internal lipid that provides intracellular strength for each strand, while an external barrier lipid known as 18-MEA helps hair resist external aggressors.
3. Shelter hair with heat protectant. To achieve all of your favorite styles while still keeping silky soft locks, it’s essential to use a heat protectant product before reaching for your hot tools. Apply from root to tip, and distribute evenly by brushing through hair so that no section goes uncovered.
4. Smooth on serum. A light, protective serum coating on strands will help protect against wear and tear by making the surface sleeker, which prevents potential breakage from fighting against your strands with a brush. L’Oréal Paris EverStrong Anti-Breakage Dual Serum combines the benefits of two separate serums mixed together upon application, to instantly reinforce weak fibers and seal split ends. Bonus: The natural aromatic properties of energizing rosemary smell pretty amazing, too!
5. Try a different part. Wearing the same part over a long period of time can cause breakage by putting stress on the same strands, day after day. Changing things up is not only healthier for your hair, but is also a super easy way to refresh your hairstyle when you’re in the mood for something new. Side parts help create natural lift at the root, while center parts can accentuate the beauty of layers and face frames. An asymmetrical part comes in handy to both add volume to the crown and hide roots!