Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
L'Oréal Paris x Isabel Marant Collection
VOLUMINOUS® Original Mascara
Unbelieva-brow Longwear Waterproof Brow Gel
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
Meet The Roots
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
Think you don’t need to use moisturizer as part of your daily skin care routine? Think again! Whether you have oily skin, dry skin, combination skin, sensitive skin, mature skin, or something in between, using moisturizer should be part of your morning and evening skin care routines. But it’s not just about applying a moisturizer—the rest of the skin care products you use—from facial cleanser to face mask to dark spot corrector to eye cream—are just as important. Don’t worry, we’ll get to that as well. Keep reading to find our best moisturizers for different skin types, how to apply moisturizer, and how to put together a skin care routine including moisturizer from start to finish.
If you have dry skin, you’re hopefully already a moisturizer devotee—after all, your skin needs all the hydration it can get. Still, while you likely know that you should use moisturizer as part of your skin care routine, you may not know which moisturizer to use. Consider adding the L’Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care for Normal to Dry Skin into your skin care routine. Formulated with hyaluronic acid and aloe vera water, this water-based moisturizer envelops skin with moisture, improving the look of radiance.
There’s dry skin—and then there’s very dry skin. When you have extra dry skin, skin’s moisture barrier can become damaged by external factors like pollution and UV rays, causing skin to become easily dehydrated, feeling tight and uncomfortable. The L’Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care for Extra Dry Skin is formulated with hyaluronic acid and aloe vera water, enveloping skin with moisture and providing comfort.
Let’s reiterate it: Oily skin needs moisturizer, too. It’s all about finding a moisturizer with a matte finish so that your face doesn’t end up looking shinier throughout the day. We’re here with a skin care product pick for oily skin. The L’Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care for Normal to Oily Skin is formulated with hyaluronic acid and aloe vera water. It helps to reduce the appearance of excess shine and has a matte finish—just what you’re looking for if you have oily skin!
Starting to notice signs of aging like wrinkles and want to start an anti-aging skin care routine? Try the L’Oréal Paris RevitaLift Triple Power™ Intensive Anti-Aging Day Cream, which is formulated with hyaluronic acid and Pro-Xylane. Immediately, skin feels hydrated and looks more radiant, while skin appears firmer and looks younger with continued use over time.
Regardless of your age, taking sun protection measures should be part of your daily skin care routine. That means applying a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher as directed and reapplying at least every two hours (or immediately after swimming or sweating), limiting your amount of time in the sun (especially during the sun’s peak hours of 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.), seeking shade, and covering up exposed areas in long sleeves, pants, a broad-brimmed hat, and UV-blocking sunglasses. To cut back on the number of steps in your skin care routine, reach for a moisturizer with SPF. Looking for anti-aging moisturizer with SPF? Reach for the L’Oréal Paris RevitaLift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Day Cream SPF 18, which can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles with continued use over time and provide all day hydration.
Moisturizing is one of the very best things you can do for aging skin. While it’s essential at any age, mature skin types in particular might notice that they’ve lost their youthful-looking flush and need to step up their moisturizer game. Enter the L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Cell Renewal Rosy Tone Moisturizer. This moisturizer for mature skin gently exfoliates dead skin cells from the surface of skin and helps revive the appearance of skin’s pink tone. The rich, non-greasy formula smooths gently over skin to nourish it with moisture, while rosy pigments help to reveal a youthful look. Immediately, skin feels hydrated, while skin looks younger with continued use over time.
Once you have your moisturizer on deck, make sure you know how to apply it—the right way.
1. Don’t dry your skin after cleansing. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, the best time to apply moisturizer is when your skin is damp. So whether you’re fresh out of the shower or just finished washing your face, don’t towel off right away. Apply your moisturizer on damp skin to help lock in hydration.
2. Use a small amount. It’s all too common to go overboard on how much moisturizer you use. When it comes to moisturizer, about an almond-sized dollop should be enough to cover your entire face.
3. Dot it on. In order to evenly distribute moisturizer over your skin, you’ll want to space out small dots of product all over your face—forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin—before massaging it onto your complexion.
4. Don’t forget your neck. One of the easiest ways to tell if someone’s neglected their skin care routine is to take a peek at their neck. Since you obviously don’t want anyone to be judging your skin based on what your neck looks like, be sure to carry your moisturizer down from your face to your neck.
Let’s turn back time for a second. You may have skipped some of the prep work. Using moisturizer is only one part of your skin care routine. There are certain other steps you should be taking as well to help keep your skin looking and feeling its best. It’s time to upgrade your skin care routine! Here’s what to do before applying moisturizer.
1. Remove your makeup before bed. This one’s important. When you snooze in your makeup, it can mix with the dirt and oil already on the surface of your skin, which can lead to clogged pores (and clogged pores can lead to breakouts and blackheads). Plus, you shouldn’t apply moisturizer before bed if you haven’t cleansed your skin first! Try micellar water to take off your makeup.. Use the L’Oréal Paris Micellar Cleansing Water Complete Cleanser Waterproof – All Skin Types. Saturate a cotton pad with the micellar water and wipe it across your skin. To remove your eye makeup, hold the pad over closed eyes, then wipe. The best part, since you don’t need to rinse, is that you can keep the micellar water and a few cotton pads handy on your night stand and remove makeup without ever straying too far from the comfort of your bed.
2. Wash your face. Your morning skin care routine should start with facial cleanser, and you may want to use one after removing your makeup at the end of the day as well. Here’s why: As the day progresses, dirt, oil, and impurities can build up on the surface of your skin, and these should be washed away. Even if you’ve taken off your makeup pre-sleep, you may feel like you still need a deeper clean. Try the L’Oréal Paris Pure-Clay Detox & Brighten Cleanser, L’Oréal Paris Pure-Clay Exfoliate & Refine Cleanser, or L’Oréal Paris Pure-Clay Purify & Mattify Cleanser, all of which are formulated to seamlessly transform from clay to mousse when you add water.
3. Use a face mask. Bring the spa home by applying a face mask to cleansed skin before putting on moisturizer. Try the L’Oréal Paris Pure-Clay Clarify & Smooth Face Mask. Formulated with three different clays—and yuzu lemon extract—this face mask helps to draw out the buildup of impurities, dirt, and pollution, shed rough skin cells, clarify skin tone, and improve texture. Apply an even layer to clean, dry skin, leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes, then remove with water in circular motions to exfoliate. Use three times a week for best results. (Want more face mask options? Check out the L’Oréal Paris Pure-Clay Detox & Brighten Face Mask, L’Oréal Paris Pure-Clay Exfoliate & Refining Face Mask, L’Oréal Paris Pure-Clay Purify & Mattify Face Mask, and L’Oréal Paris Pure-Clay Clear & Comfort Face Mask.)
You can never know too much about moisturizer, so we’re not done sharing skin care tips just yet. Next, here are 12 Moisturizer Hacks to Add to Your Skin Care Routine.