Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
5 Lipstick Mistakes You Could Be Making
VOLUMINOUS® X Fiber Mascara
COLOUR RICHE® Matte Lipstick
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC Root Cover Up
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
Chances are, by now you’ve heard of micellar water. This French-favorite facial cleanser is officially one of the trendiest skin care products of the moment—and for good reason. Not only can micellar water be used without having to rinse it off your skin afterwards, it’s actually quite multipurpose. Below, find the best micellar water to suit your skin’s needs, and learn about five ways to add micellar water to your skin care routine.
Before you can go about using micellar water in your skin care routine, you’ve got to find the right one for your skin type. Choose from the following three options—then follow our advice for cleansing with micellar water. Each one of the below micellar cleansing waters helps remove makeup and cleans dirt and impurities from the surface of your skin.
If you wear waterproof makeup often...try the L’Oréal Paris Micellar Cleansing Water Complete Cleanser Waterproof – All Skin Types, which intensely purifies.
If you have dry skin…try the L’Oréal Paris Micellar Cleansing Water Complete Cleanser – Normal to Dry Skin, which hydrates and soothes.
If you have oily skin…try the L’Oréal Paris Micellar Cleansing Water Complete Cleanser – Normal to Oily Skin, which purifies and mattifies.
Now that you know how to find the best micellar water for your skin type, it’s time to think about how you’re going to use this nifty no-rinse facial cleanser. We’ve got five ideas for you, coming right up!
1. Use micellar water to…cleanse your skin in the morning. Let’s be real: Who has the time to dedicate themselves to a super-lengthy skin care routine when they wake up? The good news is you can cleanse without putting in much effort by using a micellar water. Simply saturate a cotton pad with the micellar water of your choice, then wipe the pad across your skin. Just don’t forget to follow up with a moisturizer!
2. Use micellar water to…remove makeup. Sleeping in your makeup? That’d be a major skin care no-no. When you do that, your makeup can mix with the dirt and oils that have built up on the surface of your skin throughout the day—and this can lead to clogged pores, which can lead to breakouts. So, keep a bottle of micellar water near your bed so that you can remove your makeup even if you’re exhausted. After saturating a cotton round with micellar water, hold the pad over closed eyes for a few seconds for eye makeup removal.
3. Use micellar water…to touch up your makeup. Sometimes, you may not want to remove a full face of makeup. In fact, maybe you just want to freshen up your eye makeup for nighttime. Because you apply micellar water to a cotton pad and then to your skin, this allows a bit more control for targeting specific areas that you may want to touch up. When applied to cotton swab, micellar water can remove and help fine tune makeup mistakes that may occur when applying eyeliner, mascara, or even lipstick.
4. Use micellar water…to double cleanse. Want a deeper clean? Double cleansing involves first cleansing with a no-rinse cleansing option like micellar water, then following up with a rinse-off cleanser. Use micellar water to remove impurities from the surface of your skin, then use a rinse-off cleanser to get rid of any remaining surface impurities.
5. Use micellar water...to cleanse your skin post-workout. Since micellar water doesn’t require you to be anywhere near a sink to use it, it makes a great gym bag pick. Stash one in your tote so that you can cleanse after a sweat sesh.
Now that you’ve got the micellar water basics down pat, it’s time to upgrade your skin care skills. Next up, check out our article, 5 Micellar Water Hacks That Will Make Your Cleansing Routine Easier, for even more ways to use this handy-dandy facial cleanser.