Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
L'Oréal Paris x Isabel Marant Collection
VOLUMINOUS® Original Mascara
Unbelieva-brow Longwear Waterproof Brow Gel
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
Meet The Roots
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
Looking to switch up your hair color? Instead of opting for a traditional shade of blonde hair or brown hair, why not try one of the season’s hottest shades of red hair? Sun-kissed auburn hair features a hybrid blend of blonde, brunette, and red tones. It’s not so much about highlights and lowlights as it is a combination of warm tones, which come together to create one gorgeous sun-kissed shade. Like many of this year’s most popular hair colors, you can achieve this multi-tonal hair color right at home. Intrigued? Keep scrolling for everything you need to know about auburn hair.
Like many bright hair colors, it’s best to apply sun-kissed auburn hair over a light base. When applied over a light hair color, like blonde hair, for example, your sun-kissed auburn hair will appear much more vibrant. If you’re starting with a dark base color, you’ll most likely need to lift your hair color so that the rich auburn color will show up on your strands. That’s why it could be a good idea to seek out a professional colorist. That being said, you can get a sun-kissed auburn hair color at home. More on that just below!
If you’re a fan of coloring your hair at home, you’re in luck! With the L’Oréal Paris Féria in Rich Auburn True Red, you can transform your hair color from the comfort of your own bathroom. The multi-faceted shimmering color will help you get that gorgeous auburn hair color you’ve seen all over your social media feeds. Just be sure to follow the instructions on the box.
Now that you have sun-kissed auburn hair, it’s time to make a few easy changes to your hair care routine, as colored hair requires special care. Not sure where to begin? The steps below will help get you started out on the right foot.
1. Switch to a system of shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask formulated for color-treated hair. If you have sun-kissed auburn hair, make room in your shower for some new hair care products—namely a system of shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask. The L’Oréal Paris Elvive Color Vibrancy Intensive Protecting Shampoo, L’Oréal Paris Elvive Color Vibrancy Intensive Protecting Conditioner, and L’Oréal Paris Elvive Color Vibrancy Repair and Protect Balm are formulated for color-treated hair.
2. Turn down the dial in the shower. Super-hot water can strip your strands of essential oils, which can leave your sun-kissed auburn hair feeling drier and looking duller—so rinse off in lukewarm temps instead the next time you shower.
3. Use a heat protectant before heat-styling. Want to pair your sun-kissed auburn hair with a voluminous blowout? Make sure to use a heat protectant, like the L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle SLEEK IT Iron Straight Heatspray, first. Additionally, pay attention to the heat settings on your blow-dryer, flat iron, and curling iron—use the lowest temperature that you can while still only having to make one pass over each section of hair.
4. Embrace your hair’s natural texture. We happen to think sun-kissed auburn hair looks gorgeous when paired with wavy or curly hairstyles! So, put down the heat tools from time to time and rock your natural texture. Create beachy waves by spritzing on a hair spray, like the L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray, to towel-dried hair, then letting your hair air dry. Create one braid for looser waves or multiple braids for tighter waves. Once your hair has dried completely, undo the braids and be on your way.
5. Hide gray roots temporarily. Gray roots coming in but no time for a touchup? No problem! Hide gray roots temporarily with the L’Oréal Paris Magic Root Cover Up Spray.
Now that you know how to achieve a pretty sun-kissed auburn hair color, it’s time to learn a few new ways to style it. To help make sure every day is a good hair day, check out our article, 12 Hairstyles That Are Perfect for Lazy Girls.