Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
5 Lipstick Mistakes You Could Be Making
VOLUMINOUS® Lash Paradise Washable Mascara
COLOUR RICHE® Matte Lipstick
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC Root Cover Up
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
If you have curly hair, you’ve probably heard countless people tell you that they wish they had your hair type. But while curly hair might be completely coveted, you’re probably well aware that it can also be difficult to determine how, exactly to care for it. The thing is, caring for curly hair starts in the shower. Here, learn about our best system of sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner for curly hair along with five easy styling tips for curly hair. Now go ahead and show off those spirals!
First things first: when you have curly hair, it’s important to find the best shampoo and conditioner for your hair type. Give the L’Oréal Paris EverCurl HydraCharge Shampoo and the L’Oréal Paris EverCurl HydraCharge Conditioner a try. The L’Oréal Paris Sulfate-Free Curl Care System gently cares for your curls. The non-drying formulas provide smooth, defined curls. The system of shampoo and conditioner quenches and softens, perfecting each curl’s shape and infusing hair with hydrating nourishment without weighing it down. Start by applying the shampoo to wet hair, gently massaging it into a thick lather. Rinse out, then follow up by applying the conditioner, leave it on for 1-3 minutes, then rinse.
As good as it is to find the best shampoo and conditioner combo for curly hair, having a few styling tips up your sleeve can also be useful. So, follow along with our curly hair tips below.
1. Be gentle when you brush. Don’t, we repeat, don’t brush your curly hair when it’s wet. You should only brush your hair when it’s dry, as your hair is more fragile when it’s wet. If you’re looking to detangle curly hair post-shower, spritz on a detangling spray, then reach for a wide tooth comb instead, working it slowly and steadily through your strands.
2. Pick double-duty styling products. When you have curly hair, look for styling products that pull double duty, such as the L’Oréal Paris EverCurl Sculpt & Hold Cream-Gel. It combines the care of a rich hydrating cream that conditions and a styling gel that shapes without weighing your hair down. Curls remain smooth and hydrated. After using the L’Oréal Paris EverCurl Hydracharge Shampoo and L’Oréal Paris EverCurl Hydracharge Conditioner, dispense 1-2 pumps evenly through clean, towel-dried hair. Let your hair air dry or blow-dry it with a diffuser.
3. Keep heat protectant on hand. If you’re going to blow-dry or straighten your curly hair, make sure to apply a heat protectant before picking up your heat tools. Try the L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle SLEEK IT Iron Straight Heatspray before flat ironing or the L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle BOOST IT Blow Out HeatSpray before blow-drying.
4. Air dry your curls. Your curls are beautiful, so don’t be afraid to embrace them! Air dry your curly hair to perfection with the right styling products. Apply the L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Ruffled Body Mousse, L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray, or L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Undone Style Cream to towel-dried hair, then let your hair air dry for added shape and texture.
5. Rock a messy bun. One of the most stylish looks of the moment happens to be the messy bun. To create this hairstyle, start by applying hair gel to damp hair, then scrunch it to help define the shape of your curls. Next, put your hair into a ponytail, wrap your hair around the ponytail, tuck your ends into your ponytail holder, and secure with bobby pins. Don’t get too hung up on how smooth your bun looks—it’s supposed to be messy.
And, speaking of curls, if you want to add a few new fun hairstyles to your daily look, check out our article, 5 Ways to Style Curly Hair When It’s Hot Outside.