Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
Insider's Look: The Camila Cabello Havana Makeup Collection
VOLUMINOUS® Original Mascara
Havana Camila Cabello Lip Dew
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC Root Cover Up
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
Enlarged pores are an all-too-common skin care concern for many women. You may have searched for a way to get rid of enlarged pores, unfortunately it’s not actually possible to do so. The good news is, there are skin care products you can use (such as an exfoliating face mask) and steps you can take in your skin care routine to help minimize the appearance of enlarged pores. There are also makeup tips you can try to help disguise the look of enlarged pores. Keep reading for our best skin care tips for diminishing the look of enlarged pores below.
While you now know that you can’t get rid of enlarged pores, there are things you can do to help reduce their appearance. Follow our skin care routine for enlarged pores below!
1. Use an exfoliating facial cleanser. Your skin care routine for enlarged pores should start with choosing the best facial cleanser for your skin care concerns. The L’Oréal Paris Pure-Clay Exfoliate & Refine Cleanser goes beyond daily cleansing to exfoliate and unclog pores for skin that feels smoother. Formulated to transform from clay to mousse, this facial cleanser removes everyday impurities from skin’s surface without over-drying. Immediately, skin is purified of dirt, oil, and pollution, left with a clean, clear look, and feels smoother. Use after use, pores appear tighter and minimized and imperfections appear less visible. Once a day, squeeze a small amount of facial cleanser into hands and add water to transform it from clay to mousse. Gently massage facial cleanser onto your face using circular motions, then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water and pat dry.
2. Try a sugar scrub. Another exfoliating skin care product to give a try if you have enlarged pores is a sugar scrub. The L’Oréal Paris Pure-Sugar Purify & Unclog Face Scrub immediately polishes away dull skin gently. With continued use over time, pores look tighter, unclogged, and less visible and skin looks less shiny and rebalanced. Three times a week, apply a small amount of face scrub to dry skin, then massage it in with wet fingers and rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water and pat dry.
3. Moisturize morning and night. Regardless of your skin type or skin care concerns (such as enlarged pores), using moisturizer should be part of your daily skin care routine. Look for one that offers lightweight hydration, like the L’Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care for Normal to Oily Skin, which is formulated with hyaluronic acid and aloe vera water and has a matte finish. Apply to damp skin after cleansing to help lock in hydration.
4. Add a face mask to your skin care routine. Just like using a sugar scrub can help minimize the appearance of enlarged pores with continued use over time, so can a face mask. Day after day, dead skin cells can accumulate on the surface of your skin, leaving your skin feeling rough, while dirt and oil can build up, causing the appearance of enlarged pores. The L’Oréal Paris Pure-Clay Exfoliate & Refining Face Mask addresses your skin care concerns to reveal a polished, pore-minimized, and smooth complexion. This face mask is formulated to draw out the buildup of impurities, dirt, and oils, unclog and tighten the appearance of pores, exfoliate dead skin cells from skin’s surface, and smooth the look of imperfections. Immediately, skin texture appears refined and pores look visibly minimized, while the appearance of imperfections is less visible with continued use over time. Three times a week, apply an even layer to clean, dry skin, leave on for 10-15 minutes, then rinse off thoroughly with lukewarm water and pat dry.
5. Use primer before applying makeup. Once you’ve made your way through your skin care routine, don’t move on to foundation just yet. Applying a primer, like the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Lock Makeup Primer, over enlarged pores can help create a smooth canvas for the rest of your makeup application.
For more makeup tips that can help reduce the look of enlarged pores, check out The Makeup Routine for Large Pores.