Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
Insider's Look: The Camila Cabello Havana Makeup Collection
VOLUMINOUS® Original Mascara
Unbelieva-brow Longwear Waterproof Brow Gel
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
Meet The Roots
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
Who doesn’t love indulging in a little creamy caramel now and then? Yum! And when it comes to your hair color, adding in some caramel tones can really freshen your look. Caramel brown hair is a warm, golden hair color shade that can look beautiful on everyone—but particularly those with warm skin tones. Want to get in on the caramel fun? Here’s what you need to know about dyeing your hair caramel brown as well how to take care of caramel brown hair with a system of products formulated for colored hair.
Caramel brown hair is marked by gorgeous golden, sun-kissed tones that can really brighten up your appearance. Want to color your hair caramel brown at home? You can totally do that! Try the L’Oréal Paris Superior Preference in Dark Golden Brown, L’Oréal Paris Féria in Bronzed Brown, or L’Oréal Paris Excellence Creme in Light Golden Brown. Make sure to follow the instructions included with the packaging—and keep an extra box of caramel brown hair dye on hand so that you can make touchups when your roots start growing in. If you’re interested in going the salon route, ask your colorist about balayage highlights, which can be a low maintenance way to get caramel brown hair.
Officially colored your hair caramel brown? Congrats—we bet it looks stunning on you! But the work doesn’t end there. After you’ve dyed your hair your desired caramel brown shade, you’re going to want to take care of your color-treated hair the right way. And that means you may need to make some changes to your hair care routine. Not sure where to start? Use the below tips as a guide.
1. Switch to a system of shampoo and conditioner formulated for color-treated hair. Try the L’Oréal Paris Elvive Color Vibrancy Intensive Protecting Shampoo and L’Oréal Paris Elvive Color Vibrancy Intensive Protecting Conditioner. In the shower, apply the shampoo to wet hair, rinse out, then apply the conditioner and leave it on for 1-2 minutes before rinsing.
2. Use a hair mask instead of conditioner once or twice a week. Show your caramel brown hair a little extra love! Once or twice a week, use the L’Oréal Paris Elvive Color Vibrancy Repair and Protect Balm instead of the above conditioner. Once you’re done washing with the above shampoo, put the hair mask on and leave it on your hair for 3-5 minutes before rinsing out.
3. Turn down the heat. As wonderful as a piping hot shower might feel after a long day, do your best to avoid spending long amounts of time under such conditions, as it can not only dry out your hair, but make your caramel brown hair color look dull, too.
4. Show off your hair’s natural texture. Why not give your caramel brown hair a break from time to time? Stash your blow-dryer, curling iron, and flat iron in your drawer and air dry your hair instead to show off your pretty new color. To help define your natural texture, spritz some of the L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray on damp hair, flip your hair upside down to scrunch, then let it air dry.
5. Conceal gray roots on the fly. When you color your hair caramel brown, it will require a certain amount of upkeep. But if you haven’t been able to make it to the salon for a touch up or found the time to DIY at home, you can still hide your gray roots temporarily with the L’Oréal Paris Magic Root Cover Up. It’s available in a variety of brown and blonde shades and lasts one shampoo. Before using, shake the can well. Then, holding it 4-6 inches away from your hair, spray the color directly onto your roots and partially through the rest of your hair to help blend in the color. It’s as simple as that!
After coloring your hair, you may realize that your regular makeup routine doesn’t quite fit anymore. To update your face makeup, eye makeup, and lip color for your most flattering look yet, check out our article, The Ultimate Guide to Flattering Makeup for Brunettes.