With makeup looks straight out of the ‘90s and ‘00s trending once again, it’s about time that body glitter and shimmer come back into style. While radiant collarbones may not be fit for every day, there’s nothing like a bit of glitz to complete a festival beauty look or round out your ‘fit for a night out on the town. Ready to shine—literally? We’re sharing our best body makeup of the shimmering variety, below.
Our Best Body Glitter and Shimmer Products
Who says highlighter is just for your cheekbones? Glow on with the following three body shimmer products.
L’Oréal Paris Summer Belle Makeup Beach Bae Face & Body Liquid Luminizer: The next time you’re sporting a skirt or having a pool day—basically any occasion where your legs will be out—reach for this body luminizer. The body shimmer product features a non-greasy formula with multi-reflective liquid pearls that will leave your skin with a sheer-bronze, sun-glazed finish. It’s oh-so-pretty and couldn’t be better suited to a beach day or summer photoshoot.
How to use it: Apply all over for instant color and shimmer, revealing softer, beautiful, and healthy-looking skin in the process.
L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Shimmerista Highlighting Powder: Want shoulders that gleam? You can really take that off-the-shoulder top to the next level by sweeping a body highlighting powder onto the tops of your shoulders and collarbones. This loose powder will get the job done and then some, thanks to a buildable formula that will give your skin a prismatic, glowing look.
How to use it: Before opening, shake the container upside down and tap once onto your vanity. Take a highlighter brush (a fan brush is perfect!) and dip it into the product that’s settled in the lid. Sweep it onto your collarbones and shoulders for beautiful, shimmering skin.
L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Glotion Natural Glow Enhancer: Last but not least, you can sparkle below your neck with the help of this glow lotion. If you’re after a more subtle shimmer, this is the perfect body glimmer product for you. The skin care-makeup hybrid product instantly hydrates and illuminates skin for an all-over, natural-looking glow. Available in fair, light, medium, and dark shades, you can choose the glotion that matches your skin tone or opt for a shade that’s lighter or darker to highlight or contour your body.
How to use it: Smooth onto your skin wherever you want to sparkle and shine. For an added glow, try layering this creamy highlight underneath a powder highlighter like the one above!
5 Spots to Use Body Shimmer and Glitter
A little out of practice when it comes to using body shimmer? In that case, let us help you out. Here are five ways you can wear it.
1. Collarbones: Collarbones are one of the most popular spots to highlight or wear body glitter, and there’s a good reason for that. It looks totally pretty and can basically act as your jewelry, taking the place of a statement necklace. Push your shoulders forward to make your collarbones stand out, then apply the glimmering product to the most prominent part.
2. Shoulders: Your shoulders may not seem that special, but just wait until you add some glitter to them. One of our favorite looks for summer, sparkling shoulders are super fun and playful—which is why they’re a popular pick for festival season.
3. Legs: Just as applying self-tanner to your legs can make them look that much better in shorts and skirts, applying a bronzing body shimmer to your calves will make your legs look flat-out amazing.
4. Arms: Don’t forget about your arms! You’ll be looking for reasons to rock sleeveless tops once you give adding shimmer to your upper arms a try.
5. Abs: Contouring your abs is totally a thing, and you can complement your sculpted muscles with a little shimmer.
Discover more tips & tricks
Keep your skin happy
Shop Featured Makeup products