When it comes to your beauty look, it’s safe to say most of us want to switch things up now and then. When you want something a little spontaneous in your life, a change of hair color is often the first stop. There’s just something about rocking a new hue that makes you feel instantly refreshed and renewed. While there are plenty of hair color trends to try, perhaps you’d like to set your sights on glow in the dark hair. Yup—it’s a thing, and we’re just a little obsessed. Read on to learn how to use our best glow in the dark hair dye to achieve a glowing, fluorescent mane.
OUR BEST GLOW IN THE DARK HAIR DYE
Without further ado, allow us to introduce you to our best glow in the dark hair dye: the L’Oréal Paris Colorista Hair Makeup Temporary 1-Day Hair Color. There are three glow in the dark colors in the line for you to choose from: Neon Pink, Neon Green, and Neon Yellow. All three hair makeup shades are meant for those with platinum and light blonde hair. The gentle, leave-in formula is perfect for one day color since it washes out with shampoo, meaning you can temporarily rock glow in the dark hair without a full-time commitment.
No bleach or gloves are required for getting glow in the dark hair with this temporary hair color, and there’s no need to worry about damaging your locks either! That said, since these dyes are formulated for those with light hair, if you have a dark hair color, you’ll need to bleach your strands prior to using one or expect them not to show up so well.
HOW TO GET GLOW IN THE DARK HAIR
We’re sure you want to put the glow in the dark hair dye to use, no? Here’s what to do.
Step #1. Prep. Place a towel around your shoulders to protect your clothing, then brush through your hair, so there are no tangles to get in the way of the dyeing process.
Step #2. Apply. With your fingertips, apply a dime-sized amount of dye on a thin, dry strand of hair. No gloves needed.
Step #3. Blend. Comb or brush hair to distribute your glow in the dark hair dye.
Step #4. Style. Air dry or blow-dry the hair makeup and style as desired.
Step #5: Lights off. Hurry to shut off the lights and check out your new color!
5 GLOW IN THE DARK HAIR COLOR IDEAS
Glow in the dark hair isn’t a trend that has to be worn one particular way. You can hop on the trend any way you like, but we have a few ideas to share.
1. Glow in the dark tips. Want a subtle touch of glow in the dark hair? Use the dip dye technique to rock the trend! Apply your glow in the dark hair dye on just your ends to get the look.
2. Glow in the dark highlights. For some glow in the dark definition, give yourself DIY highlights. We particularly love the balayage technique for this look but feel free to get creative (and rock more than one glow in the dark hair color). You’ll be sure to turn heads!
3. Glow in the dark money piece. Want your glow in the dark locks to be front and center? Use your hair dye to color your face-framing strands and create a striking money piece.
4. Glow in the dark underlights. Perhaps you want to keep your glow in the dark hair on the down-low. If so, look no further than glow in the dark underlights. This technique involves highlighting the underneath layer of your hair, so it's hidden most of the time, but when you wear your hair up, you’ll have a colorful surprise!
5. All-over glow in the dark. Of course, you can’t go wrong with fully embracing the glow in the dark hair trend. To do just that, give your mane a total makeover with an all-over glow in the dark color.
Love glow in the dark hair, but want another bold hair color trend to try? Check out our article, Hidden Rainbow Hair: How to Get This Season's Hottest Hair Color Trend.
Discover more tips & tricks
Keep your skin happy
Shop Featured Hair Color products