If you’re hip to the skin care game, then you know that there are tons of beauty trends to indulge in. You can opt for a standard facial or try your hand at a microdermabrasion treatment. Whatever concerns you’re looking to address, the right offering can handle the task. And one trend in particular that packs a mighty punch is skin care capsules.
Skin care capsules have been praised for their ability to give your skin the pick-me-up that it deserves. There is suddenly a slew of TikTok videos where people use skin care capsules in different parts of their skin care routines, so they're definitely something special. They’re also known for offering a wide variety of benefits, so it doesn’t hurt to see what the hype is truly about. Keep reading to get the 4-1-1 on skin care capsules and serum capsules, and learn how to add them to your routine.
WHAT ARE SKIN CARE CAPSULES?
“What are the best skin care products?” is a common question, but you may not have considered that skin care capsules could be the answer. These capsules are tiny essentials that are filled with various products such as facial cleanser, moisturizer, serums, and more. Like skin ampoules, the goal of skincare capsules is to provide all skin types with the TLC that they need. And since they come in compact and precise packaging, they are not only perfect for travel and on-the-go use, but they also help you determine exactly how much product to use. Each capsule is perfectly portioned for a single-use.
5 BENEFITS OF USING SKIN CARE CAPSULES
With so many skin care offerings available, you may think that you don’t need to hop on the serum capsules bandwagon. However, consider that the beauty staple can completely upgrade your routine. Below, find five benefits of skin care capsules to help you decide if these essentials are right for you.
1. Portion control. One of the biggest mistakes people make in skin care is using too much product. Thanks to the size of skin care capsules, you can be sure that you’ll get the right amount of product with every use.
Editor’s tip: For your full-sized products, follow our guide: See How Much Skin Care Product You Need to Use.
2. Travel-friendly. As we mentioned, skin care capsules tend to be pretty small in size. This works in your favor as the perfect travel companion. Gone are the days of toting around big product bottles that can’t even go in your carry on.
3. Glowing skin. If you’ve been wondering which capsule is best for glowing skin, a serum capsule may make for a safe bet. Typically, serum capsules are made with nourishing ingredients that work to brighten your complexion and address other concerns.
4. They won’t lose their potency. Once many skin care products are exposed to the light and air, they can lose their potency. However, serum capsules and skin care capsules are a step ahead of the game. Since you have to twist each capsule to open it, the packaging acts as a safety net to keep your essentials in tip-top shape.
5. Easy to use. Chances are the question, “How do you use skin care capsules?” is on the top of your mind. Thankfully, there’s no guesswork needed to figure it out. All you have to do is twist or tap the capsule open and pour the contents into your hands to use it. From there, you’ll apply the formula just like you would a standard product. Keep in mind, if you’re using a face wash capsule you may have to add a bit of water to activate the formula.
HOW DO YOU USE SERUM CAPSULES IN YOUR ROUTINE
Follow our step-by-step guide below to start your journey toward being the number one fan of skin capsules. This routine breaks down how to use serum capsules in particular, but you can easily swap out any of the steps with an encapsulated version of the product.
STEP #1: CLEANSE YOUR SKIN
Cleansing your face twice a day should be the foundation of any skin care routine. This step works to help keep dirt, oil, and debris at bay. Kick things off by using the L’Oréal Paris Micellar Cleansing Water Complete Cleanser Waterproof - All Skin Types. This no-rinse cleanser removes makeup and impurities from your skin for a hydrated finish. Simply saturate a cotton pad with the cleanser, then wipe the pad over your face until your skin is clean.
STEP #2: EXFOLIATE
No skin care routine is complete without a round of exfoliation. Exfoliation works wonders to slough away dead skin cells, which helps skin look and feel it's very best. Reach for a face scrub like the L’Oréal Paris Pure-Sugar Nourish & Soften Cocoa Scrub. It’s formulated with cocoa butter, coconut oil, and pure sugars that work to gently exfoliate the skin. Use up to three times a week for desired results.
STEP #3: APPLY YOUR SERUM CAPSULE
Now it’s time for the star of the show: serum capsule! Serums are lightweight moisturizers that go the extra mile to address a slew of skin care concerns. Break open your capsule and smooth the serum onto your skin. This step should come after cleansing but before moisturizing.
You can also try serum ampoules, which have many of the same benefits as skin capsules. The L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Derm Intensives 1.9% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Replumping Ampoules are formulated to visibly plump skin, provide all-day hydration, and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. To use, tap the top of the vial and crack it off. Apply half of the serum onto your face, neck, and chest. Then, use the top you cracked off as a plug to store the rest for a second use.
STEP #4: MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE
Lastly, you’ll need to seal the deal with moisturizer. This step will help you lock in hydration for a long-lasting feel. Try the L’Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care - Normal/Oily Skin, L’Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care - Normal/Dry Skin, or L’Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care - Extra Dry Skin. These offerings are formulated with aloe vera water and hyaluronic acid to give your skin a refreshed and healthy-looking glow.
Discover more tips & tricks
Keep your skin happy
How to Find Your Perfect Infallible Fresh Wear Foundation Shade
The Glycolic Acid Serum Your Skin Care Routine Needs
L'Oréal Paris Revitalift Derm Intensives Hyaluronic Acid Serum Review
Should You Wash Your Hair Before Dyeing It?
How to Lighten Dark Brown Hair
Can You Use Purple Toning Shampoo On Brown Hair?
Shop Featured Skin Care products