Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
Insider's Look: The Camila Cabello Havana Makeup Collection
VOLUMINOUS® Original Mascara
Unbelieva-brow Longwear Waterproof Brow Gel
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
Meet The Roots
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
When you have dry skin, washing your face can seem like just about the worst thing you can do. That’s because, depending on what kind of cleanser you use, your complexion may end up feeling tight and uncomfortable afterwards. Still, cleansing should play a role in your daily skin care routine—that’s why it’s important to find the right one for your skin type. Here, learn about the best facial cleansers for dry skin from L’Oréal Paris along with tips for cleansing when you have dry skin.
Have dry skin? Pick the right facial cleanser to suit your skin’s needs. Here are three options from L’Oréal Paris.
L’Oréal Paris Micellar Cleansing Water Complete Cleanser for Normal to Dry Skin: Micellar water is a no-rinse cleansing option powered by tiny micelles—oil molecules—that act as a magnet to lift dirt, makeup, and impurities up and away from the skin. This one hydrates and soothes. Plus, it’s free of oil, soap, and alcohol. Just saturate a cotton pad with it and wipe the pad across your face.
L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Nourishing Cream Cleanser: As skin matures, it can lose moisture, nutrients, and natural oils, resulting in drier-feeling skin. This cream cleanser is formulated with replenishing oils. It helps gently yet effectively remove traces of makeup. Skin feels soft and comfortable after use. Every morning and evening, lather the cleanser into wet hands, massaging it onto your skin. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
L’Oréal Paris Ideal Clean™ All Skin Types Makeup Removing Towelettes: Need a travel-friendly cleansing option? Pick these towelettes up for quick, mess-free cleansing, ideal for that on-the-go lifestyle. These ultra-soft wipes gently yet effectively remove all traces of makeup, even waterproof mascara or long-wear makeup, in addition to dissolving dirt and oil without drying out your skin.
It’s not just about what cleanser you use—it’s about how you actually go about doing this skin care step.
1. Wet your hands and face. If you’re using a rinse-off cleanser, start by running your hands under the water and splashing a little bit of H2O onto your face prior to adding any product—unless you’re using micellar water, of course.
2. Cleanse with lukewarm water. Speaking of water, make sure it’s not too cold but not too hot when you cleanse. Washing with hot water could strip your skin of essential oils. Turn the dial down and cleanse your complexion in lukewarm water instead.
3. Go easy on exfoliating. While gentle exfoliation can help remove dead skin cells from the surface of your skin that may be causing your complexion to appear dull, going overboard could irritate your skin. It’s all about figuring out what works best for you. While some people can handle daily exfoliation, others may only be able to do so once or twice a week. Pay attention to how your skin responds to determine how often you should exfoliate.
4. Blot gently to dry. Once you’re done cleansing your skin, rinse off the product gently and then blot the remaining water off using a soft towel. There’s no reason to rush drying off or rubbing harshly—doing so may only aggravate your skin.
5. Finish with a moisturizer. Of course, your skin care routine wouldn’t be complete without moisturizer—and that goes for those with dry skin and those with any other skin type. Look for one that’s formulated for your skin type. For dry skin, try the L’Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care – Normal/Dry Skin. This lightweight water-based moisturizer is formulated with aloe vera water and hyaluronic acid to help provide long-lasting hydration. Immediately, you’ll notice skin appears more luminous and feels softer, while texture appears smoother with continued use over time. The formula glides on easily for quick absorption—just gently smooth it over your face morning and night after cleansing.