You are $75 away from free shipping
This Is Why Our Lash Serum Is a Must
AGE PERFECT MAKEUP Radiant Serum Foundation with SPF 50
UNBELIEVA-BROW Longwear Waterproof Brow Gel
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
AGE PERFECT® Rosy Tone Fragrance Free Face Moisturizer
REVITALIFT DERM INTENSIVES 1.5% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum
Should You Wash Your Hair Before You Color It?
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC ROOT Precision Pen
Our 21 Best Hair Care Tips For Every Hair Type
EVERPURE Brass Toning Purple Sulfate Free Shampoo
ELVIVE Color Vibrancy Rapid Reviver Deep Conditioner
The Best Bangs for Every Face Shape and Hair Type
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Find your next look
Haircolor Meets Makeup
Match your Brow and Hair Color Shade
WOMEN OF WORTH
Honoring extraordinary women who selflessly volunteer
Learn about the science behind skin care
Checkout our weekly live broadcast with tips from our experts
Find the perfect gift from our carefully curated selection of top beauty favorites
Browse your saved items
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
We’re all about trying the trendiest skin care tools, and chances are, if you’re here, you are too. On that note, the obsidian face roller has been creating quite the buzz as of late, stealing some of the spotlight from the popular jade roller. This may have you wondering what black obsidian face roller benefits you’re missing out on. Instead of leaving you in the dark, we’re here to fill you in on all there is to know. Ahead, find out what an obsidian face roller is and if you should be using one in your skin care routine.
Let’s talk about what an obsidian face roller is in the first place. This skin care tool features a handle with two rounded rollers (one on either end) made from black obsidian, a rock that comes from fast-cooling lava. Each roller end differs in size, with one being slightly larger than the other. In this way, the tool is quite similar to other face rollers. Based on appearances, the real difference comes down to the color of the stones. Of course, that can’t be the only difference...
You may be wondering how black obsidian face roller benefits set this trendy tool apart from rollers made out of other popular gemstones like jade and rose quartz. While there isn’t necessarily an answer as to the best stone for a facial roller—at least not based on skin care benefits—certain stones are thought to have different energies and healing abilities. The obsidian face roller, and black obsidian in general, is believed to protect against negativity and stress. So, aside from the tool’s ability to massage your skin care products onto your face, it may also be just what you need when indulging in some well-deserved self-care.
Now that you’re a bit more familiar with the black obsidian stone, it’s time to learn how you can put an obsidian face roller to use. Hint: There’s more than one way! Here are five times to reach for this onyx-colored tool.
1. To apply serums. One of the most popular uses for an obsidian face roller is applying face serums. You can do this by smoothing the serum onto your cheek or forehead, then using the roller to massage and spread the formula until thoroughly absorbed. Try using one with our L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Derm Intensives 1.5% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum for an added dose of hydration or the L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Derm Intensives 10% Pure Glycolic Acid Serum to visibly even your skin tone.
2. When feeling stressed. Taking a few extra moments to care for your skin and yourself is sometimes all you need to feel less stressed.
3. For a midday treat. If you don’t plan to wear makeup for the day, you can use an obsidian face roller for a midday pick-me-up. Consider first misting your face with the L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Shake & Glow Dew Mist before rolling the tool over your visage.
4. To smooth on moisturizer. Indulge in a little TLC while applying your moisturizer or night cream, and use your face roller to apply the formula. For a truly luxurious experience, pair it with the L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Hydra Nutrition Honey Day Cream or L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Hydra Nutrition Honey Night Balm, both of which are formulated with manuka honey.
5. For a relaxing massage. Last but not least, reach for your obsidian face roller and give yourself a face massage. Roll the tool over your face and close your eyes. We’d consider this the perfect time to practice a bit of mindfulness and meditation. Focus on the feeling of the smooth stone gliding over your face and enjoy.
Next up: Now that you’re up-to-date with all things obsidian face rollers, perhaps you’d like to learn about another facial tool that’s gaining popularity. Here’s Your Intro To Gua Sha Massage.
Sign up for the latest beauty news, product samples and coupons
Now you’ll be the first to hear about our latest beauty news, product samples and coupons and so much more. You’ll hear from us soon.