Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
Insider's Look: The Camila Cabello Havana Makeup Collection
VOLUMINOUS® Original Mascara
Havana Camila Cabello Lip Dew
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC Root Cover Up
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
Good news, everyone: We’ve officially made it to spring! But if you have sensitive skin, your complexion may need a little extra pampering after months spent in frigid temps. Spring is the season of renewal, so now’s the perfect time to revamp your sensitive skin care routine with a gentle facial cleanser, hydrating moisturizer, calming face mask, and more. Below, learn about the signs of sensitive skin and how to show your skin type some major TLC this season. Happy spring—and happy skin!
Before diving into a new skin care routine this spring, it’s important to determine whether or not you actually have sensitive skin. While other skin types are pretty much black and white, sensitive skin can often be a tad trickier to nail down. Since there isn’t a definitive checklist that dermatologists use to define sensitive skin, it can be difficult to pinpoint if this is really your skin type. That being said, there are a few things you should watch out for that can help you determine if you have sensitive skin. Think about how your skin feels after using certain skin care products. If it becomes blotchy and feels itchy after using a product formulated with fragrance, alcohol, or soap, this could be linked to the skin care product you used. Which is why finding the right skin care products for sensitive skin is a must this spring.
Ready to overhaul your skin care routine this spring? Here are easy ways to take care of sensitive skin this season.
1. Cleanse your skin with micellar water. When it comes to sensitive skin, it’s a good idea to stay away from foaming cleansers. Instead, try micellar water, a gentle, no-rinse cleansing option. Micellar water is powered by tiny micelles—oil molecules—that act as a magnet to lift dirt, oil, and makeup up and away from the skin. The L’Oréal Paris Micellar Cleansing Water Complete Cleanser for Normal to Dry Skin hydrates and soothes. It’s suitable for sensitive skin and free of alcohol, soap, and oil. All you have to do to use micellar water is pour some onto a cotton pad and wipe the pad across your face. Since micellar water doesn’t require any rinsing, you can toss a bottle in your gym bag or suitcase to cleanse on the go.
2. Never skip out on moisturizer. While you may be nervous about layering on extra skin care products if you have sensitive skin, skipping out on moisturizer shouldn’t be an option. Try the L’Oréal Paris RevitaLift Cicacream Face Moisturizer Pro Retinol & Centella Asiatica, which is formulated with centella asiatica, a traditional herb used in Chinese medicine. This lightweight cream helps strengthen and repair skin barrier to help resist visible signs of aging that a weakened barrier can accentuate. Immediately, skin feels softer, smoother, suppler, and firmer. With continued use over time, the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles is diminished and clarity is improved. Skin barrier is also stronger over time, which helps to resist signs of aging. Morning and night, smooth cica cream over your face until thoroughly absorbed.
3. Add a calming face mask to your routine. Sometimes your sensitive skin needs a little extra TLC beyond your typical cleanse-and-moisturize routine. To give your complexion the calming boost it needs this spring, try adding the L’Oréal Paris Pure-Clay Clear & Comfort Face Mask to your skin care routine. Immediately, skin feels refreshed and comfortable, while dirt, dust, and oil are gently lifted from the skin. Twice a week, apply an even layer to clean, dry skin, leave on for 10-15 minutes, then rinse off thoroughly with lukewarm water and pat dry.
4. Limit your time in the sun. We get it: After spending months cooped up under scarves and boots, you want to spend some time basking in the spring sunshine. But you know that the sun can burn you—so if you have sensitive skin that’s easily irritated, seek shade and wear protection. The Skin Cancer Foundation advises limiting your sun exposure during peak hours (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.). If you are out during those hours, be sure to park yourself under a shady tree if you can! Speaking of protection, the Skin Cancer Foundation advises wearing a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily, since it can protect against both UVA and UVB rays. Apply as directed (that means reapplying at least every two hours or immediately after swimming or sweating). Look for a broad-spectrum sunscreen, or moisturizer with SPF, formulated for sensitive skin.
5. Shower in lukewarm water. Sure, super-hot showers might feel good in the moment, but piping hot water can just make dry, sensitive skin even angrier since it can strip skin of essential oils. The next time you hop in the tub, turn the dial down and rinse off in lukewarm temps. And when it comes to cleansing your body, reach for a gentle body wash that’s free of fragrance.
For more sensitive skin advice, here are Our Best Skin Care Products for Sensitive Skin.