Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
5 Lipstick Mistakes You Could Be Making
VOLUMINOUS® X Fiber Mascara
COLOUR RICHE® Matte Lipstick
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC Root Cover Up
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
Creating a skin care routine for dry skin is key if you want to help maintain your complexion’s hydration. And while you may think of moisturizing as the most important step in your dry skin routine, there are other products to consider using, too, from cleanser to facial oil. Here, find the best skin care products for dry skin from L’Oréal Paris along with easy tips for caring for this skin type.
When it comes to cleansing dry skin, being gentle is definitely important. Enter micellar water, a gentle, no-rinse cleansing option that’s been beloved by the French for years. Micellar water is powered by tiny micelles—oil molecules—that act as a magnet to lift dirt, oil, and makeup up and away from the skin. Have dry skin? Then try the L’Oréal Paris Micellar Cleansing Water Complete Cleanser for Normal to Dry Skin, which hydrates and soothes. All you have to do to use it is saturate a cotton pad with the micellar water and wipe the pad across your face—no harsh rubbing required. Bonus: Since you don’t have to be near a sink to use micellar water, it's a great travel-friendly cleansing option.
Are you more of a traditional rinse-off cleanser kind of gal? We feel you—there is something enjoyable about washing your face at the end of a long day. Of course, if you have dry skin, finding one that suits your skin type should be top of mind. The L’Oréal Paris Ideal Clean™ All Skin Types Foaming Gel Cleanser lifts dirt and impurities without drying out skin. To use, wet your face and hands with lukewarm water, work a small amount of gel into a foamy lather, and massage the cleanser onto your face with a gentle, circular motion, Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft towel, then follow up with moisturizer (we’ve got options for dry skin coming right up!).
You know how drinking a cold glass of H20 can feel super-refreshing? Well, consider trying a water-based moisturizer for skin hydration if you have dry skin. Normal and dry skin faces external factors such as pollution and UV rays that can damage the skin’s moisture barrier, increasing loss of moisture and causing it to become drier. As a result, skin surface loses its glow, becoming dull-looking. The L’Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care for Normal/Dry Skin is formulated with hyaluronic acid and aloe vera water to help provide long-lasting hydration and improve the look of skin’s radiance. Smooth it over your face and neck after cleansing. Read our ultimate guide to skin hydration.
Dry skin can sometimes end up feeling uncomfortable—which is why making moisturizer part of your daily skin care routine is important. Extra dry skin has a very fragile skin moisture barrier that can be easily damaged by external factors such as pollution and UV rays. Skin consequently loses its ability to retain moisture, becoming easily dehydrated, feeling tight and uncomfortable. The L’Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care for Extra Dry Skin is formulated with hyaluronic acid and aloe vera water to help envelop skin with moisture and provide comfort. Smooth it over your face and neck after cleansing.
While we love celebrating birthdays—there are certain things we don’t enjoy all that much about getting older. For example: As skin matures, it can lose moisture, nutrients, and natural oils, which can result in drier skin. So, what can you do? For starters, consider using a cream cleanser, like the L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Nourishing Cream Cleanser, which is formulated with replenishing oils and can help gently yet effectively remove traces of makeup without over-drying skin. Every morning and evening, lather the cleanser into wet hands, gently massaging it onto skin, then rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
Is moisturizer alone not cutting it as far as hydrating your dry skin goes? It’s time to think about adding a facial oil to your routine for another layer of moisture. The L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil is formulated with a unique blend of eight essential oils to help restore the look of a glow to dry, dull skin. It leaves skin feeling nourished without a greasy residue. To use, apply 4-5 drops of the facial oil into the palm of your hand. With your finger, dab the facial oil in small dots onto cleansed skin, smoothing it on your face slowly and deeply, using the whole surface of your hands. After you’ve applied the facial oil, move on to moisturizer.
Your dry skin routine wouldn’t be complete if you didn’t show your neck a little love! So, the next time you’re moisturizing, make sure to extend it down past your jawline. While you can use your everyday moisturizer on your neck, you can also opt for one that is specifically formulated for the face, neck, and chest, like the L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition – Golden Balm Face, Neck & Chest for mature, very dry skin. This rich, luxurious balm intensely moisturizes and helps provide long-lasting hydration. Morning and might, apply it onto cleansed skin. You can wear it alone or under makeup.
Now that you’ve seen our best products for dry skin, it’s time to create a skin care routine tailored to your skin type. Follow these tips to help care for your dry complexion.
1. Cleanse your skin in lukewarm water. Super-hot H20 can strip your skin of essential oils, so wash your face in lukewarm water instead. Follow the same rule when you’re in the shower as well—while a hot shower might feel relaxing, washing off in cooler temps is a better idea for your skin, according to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD).
2. Apply moisturizer to damp skin. Don’t completely dry off your face post-cleansing. Instead, apply your moisturizer to damp skin to help lock in hydration. Again, keep this tip in mind when it comes to your body as well—after hopping out of the shower, blot yourself off with a towel and apply a body lotion while your skin is still damp. According to the AAD, this is the best time to moisturize.
3. Invest in a humidifier. If you have dry skin, a humidifier could very well become your new BFF. According to the AAD, a humidifier can add much-needed moisture to the air. You may find this useful when it’s cold and dry outside or if you spend a lot of time in air conditioning. Here are our favorite skin care benefits of using a humidifier.
4. Pay attention to your hands and feet. Your hands and feet work hard throughout the day—so give them the pampering they deserve. Slather on a hand cream after washing your hands, and apply a foot lotion before bed.
5. Don’t forget about your lips. Another area that can become dry is your lips. Help keep them hydrated by applying a moisturizing lip conditioner. Toss the tube in your tote so that you can easily reapply on the go. If you’re going to be wearing lipstick, use a lip scrub first to help slough away dead skin cells from the surface of your lips beforehand. Learn the best ways to take care of dry lips during summer.
6. Mix your foundation into your moisturizer. Putting foundation on over a dry complexion might not make for the best look. If you have dry skin, think about mixing in a little bit of liquid foundation into your moisturizer and applying it with a makeup sponge (try the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Blend Artist Foundation Blender) for a seamless look. As far as picking out a foundation for dry skin goes, avoid powders as these can make dryness more noticeable, and reach for ones that have a radiant or dewy finish, like the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation, available in 12 shades.
7. Remove makeup at the end of the day. Sleeping in your makeup? That would be a skin care no-no. We get that after a long day, you may not have the energy to go through your entire skin care routine. But make things easy on yourself by stashing a bottle of micellar water on your nightstand so that you can wipe off your makeup before hitting the sheets, no matter what.
Taking care of dry skin doesn’t have to be difficult. It’s all about finding products that are formulated for your skin type and helping to keep your complexion hydrated. Want more dry skin tips? Check out these eight skin care hacks for dry skin that’ll help make your beauty regimen easier.