Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
L'Oréal Paris x Isabel Marant Collection
VOLUMINOUS® Original Mascara
Unbelieva-brow Longwear Waterproof Brow Gel
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
Meet The Roots
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
Who says you have to act your age? When it comes to your skin care routine, it’s all about caring for your complexion in a way that can help keep you looking youthful. It’s never too early to start following a consistent skin care routine featuring moisturizers, serums, face masks, and more. Here, skin care product recommendations for women in their 20s, 30s, and 40s for youthful-looking skin at any age.
Now’s the ideal time to adopt a regular skin care routine! Nope, it’s never too early to start paying attention to your complexion. That’s because how you care for your skin now could have an impact on how it looks in the future.
1. Clay facial cleanser. Per the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), women in their 20s can benefit from using a gentle facial cleanser twice a day. Cleansing is important because it can help rid your skin’s surface of dirt, excess oils, and makeup. Try the L’Oréal Paris Pure-Clay Detox & Brighten Cleanser, L’Oréal Paris Pure-Clay Exfoliate & Refine Cleanser, or L’Oréal Paris Pure-Clay Purify & Unclog Cleanser, all of which lift dirt and impurities without drying out skin.
2. Lightweight moisturizer. This one is key! Need help finding the right moisturizer? Look for one that’s formulated for your skin type, and apply it to damp skin to help lock in hydration. The L’Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care for Normal/Oily Skin, L’Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care for Normal/Dry Skin, and L’Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care for Extra Dry Skin are formulated with hyaluronic acid and aloe vera water to help provide long-lasting hydration.
3. Moisturizer with SPF. You should always wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen during the day, rain or shine. That’s because when you spend prolonged periods of time in the sun without protection, this can lead to damage, which can lead to visible signs of aging, like fine lines and wrinkles and dark spots, down the road. The AAD states that using a broad-spectrum sunscreen in your 20s is a preventative measure you can take. We get that you’re constantly on the go, which is why using a moisturizer formulated with broad-spectrum sunscreen, like the L’Oréal Paris RevitaLift Bright Reveal Brightening Day Moisturizer SPF 30, can save time. Make sure to take other sun protection measures as well, including limiting your amount of time in the sun, seeking shade, and covering up exposed areas when you’re outside.
4. Eye cream. It’s all about prevention at this age! The L’Oréal Paris RevitaLift Triple Power™ Eye Treatment helps create the appearance of more even skin tone and diminishes the look of wrinkles with continued use over time. For a cool treat, pop your eye cream in the fridge!
5. Antioxidant serum. In your 20s, add a skin care product formulated with antioxidants into your skin care routine, which could benefit your complexion. One antioxidant to look for is vitamin C, which can help protect skin’s surface against free radical damage. Serums are a great skin care product to look for because they are often formulated with antioxidants.
Once you hit your 30s, you’re going to want to continue to maintain a consistent skin care routine of cleansing, moisturizing, and wearing broad-spectrum sunscreen and eye cream. The thing is, you may want to incorporate a few new skin care products into your daily regimen to help address signs of aging you might have started noticing.
1. Night cream. We hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you may start to notice wrinkles in your 30s. Say it ain’t so! While moisturizing twice a day is important, you may want to use separate products for morning and night. For night, we recommend the L’Oréal Paris RevitaLift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Night Cream, which is formulated with Pro-Retinol A and can help make your skin look smoother with continued use over time.
2. Dark spot corrector. In your 30s, you may also start to notice dark spots, which can be caused by UV exposure (hence one of the reasons why wearing broad-spectrum sunscreen daily is so crucial!). The L’Oréal Paris Youth Code™ Dark Spot Correcting & Illuminating Serum Corrector can help make your skin look more luminous instantly and help diminish the appearance of dark spots with continued use over time.
3. Peel pads. In addition to wrinkles, dull, uneven tone can also make your skin look older. And your skin’s natural ability to shed surface dead skin cells declines with age, which can make dark spots and dullness more visible. That’s where peel pads come in! The L’Oréal Paris RevitaLift Bright Reveal Brightening Daily Peel Pads are formulated with glycolic acid to help exfoliate dead skin cells on the surface of your skin. Wipe one across your face after cleansing. They’ll help make your skin look brighter immediately and more even with continued use over time. In the morning, apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher, since alpha hydroxy acids like glycolic acid can increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun.
4. Cica cream. Skin’s moisture barrier weakens with age, resulting in greater moisture loss, more prominent wrinkles, and loss of firmness. Enter cica cream. The L’Oréal Paris RevitaLift Cicacream Face Moisturizer Pro Retinol & Centella Asiatica is a lightweight, protective ream that helps strengthen and repair skin barrier to help resist visible lines, loss of firmness, and other signs of aging that a weakened barrier can accentuate.
5. Hand cream. It’s time to take your skin care routine past your face and show your hands some love! From frequent hand washing to sun exposure, your hands sure do go through a lot. Since your hands can be a dead giveaway that you’re not in your 20s anymore, start using a hand cream formulated with broad-spectrum sunscreen. Keep a tube in your bag so you can reapply throughout the day!
When it comes to your skin, your 40s could very well be the decade that signs of aging become more noticeable. While you can’t turn back the hands of time, there are steps you can take to help keep your complexion looking youthful.
1. Moisturizer. As skin matures, its ability to renew surface cells slows down, causing a buildup of dead cells on the surface. As a result, your natural pink tone can become hidden, leaving you with a less than youthful look. The L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Cell Renewal Rosy Tone Moisturizer gently exfoliates dull skin and revives the appearance of skin’s natural pink tone. Use in the morning, then reach for a night-specific moisturizer before bed.
2. Serum. In general, serums have formulas with highly concentrated ingredients that help target specific skin issues, such as fine lines and wrinkles or dark spots. Are you in your 40s and have signs of aging? Then consider adding a serum to your skin care routine! The L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Cell Renewal Golden Serum is formulated with golden micro-reflectors to help illuminate the appearance of dull, mature skin.
3. Neck and chest cream. Be honest: How much attention do you pay to the skin below your jawline? Well, it’s a good idea to apply moisturizer to your neck and chest. You can use your regular moisturizer or reach for one that’s specifically formulated for face, neck, and chest. The reason why you should do this: As your skin matures, the biggest change is the loss of moisture, nutrients, and natural oils. Its ability to retain moisture decreases, which can leave your face, neck, and chest very dry. The L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition Golden Balm Face, Neck & Chest is a luxurious balm formulated with calcium and 10 precious oils to help nourish skin. It can be used morning and night.
4. Eye cream. In your 40s, it’s all about addressing signs of aging—and as you’re probably well aware, these can show up around your eyes. The L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Eye Renewal Eye Cream can help hydrate your eye area immediately and diminish the look of dark circles, under-eye bags, and crow’s feet with continued use over time. Apply it after cleansing in the A.M. and P.M., then follow up with serum and moisturizer.
5. Face mask. Another way to help brighten the appearance of your skin in your 40s is by using a glow-activating face mask, like the L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Cell Renewal Rosy Tone Face Mask. This face mask helps slough away dull dead skin cells to visibly smooth skin’s surface. Use twice a week for best results. Gently massage the face mask into your skin using light, circular motions to help exfoliate, then rinse off thoroughly with lukewarm water and pat dry.
At this point, you might be wondering what about your 50s. Don’t worry—we didn’t forget you. Click over to our article, The Best Skin Care Routine for Your 50s.