You are $75 away from free shipping
This Is Why Our Lash Serum Is a Must
AGE PERFECT MAKEUP Radiant Serum Foundation with SPF 50
UNBELIEVA-BROW Longwear Waterproof Brow Gel
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
AGE PERFECT® Rosy Tone Fragrance Free Face Moisturizer
REVITALIFT DERM INTENSIVES 1.5% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC ROOT Precision Pen
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
EVERPURE Brass Toning Purple Sulfate Free Shampoo
ELVIVE Color Vibrancy Rapid Reviver Deep Conditioner
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Find your next look
Haircolor Meets Makeup
Match your Brow and Hair Color Shade
WOMEN OF WORTH
Honoring extraordinary women who selflessly volunteer
Learn about the science behind skin care
Checkout our weekly live broadcast with tips from our experts
Find the perfect gift from our carefully curated selection of top beauty favorites
Browse your saved items
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
When it comes to anti-aging, you have all of the creams, serums, treatments, but no matter how many skin products you may pile on, there may be some daily habits sabotaging all of that anti-aging work you’ve put in morning and night. Dr. Rocio Rivera, Director of Scientific Communications at L'Oréal Skin Expert Paris and Dr. Flor A. Mayoral, board-certified dermatologist of Coral Gables, Florida let us in on some lifestyle tweaks that can help reduce wrinkles and fine lines – and have your skin looking great and leave your mind and body feeling better too.
1. How you sleep: If you favor sleeping on your side, you may be aiding in the development of fine lines and wrinkles. An anti-aging tip: “Sleeping face up prevents the development of some lines that form from pressing your face into a pillow night after night,” says Dr. Rivera.
2. How much you sleep: “Sleep is necessary for overall health and to recuperate from stress,” says Dr. Mayoral. “If a person is lacking sleep it will show in their overall appearance – and the skin is the first thing people see.”
3. What you eat: Over-indulging in sweets may not only be bad for your waistline, but for your skin as well. Sugars can trigger reactions in the body that can be the cause behind some redness and breakouts. Sugar may even play a role in the development of wrinkles and sagging skin, thanks to a more rapid breakdown of collagen and elastin.
4. Not reapplying sunscreen: “Not reapplying sunscreen throughout the day negates the wonderful things you are doing for your skin and puts a dent in your anti-aging plan,” explains Dr. Mayoral. Use a moisturizer with SPF 15+ with broad spectrum protection and carry it with you so that you can reapply it after hitting the gym or your afternoon lunch outside.
5. Frowning: You may be guilty of frowning and not even be aware of it. People frown when they’re thinking, reading even when they’re just watching TV. The repetitive facial expression causes two vertical lines in between your eyebrows, known as the elevens. Try to be more aware of what your face is doing and make it a point to relax the muscles when possible. Also try giving yourself a facial massage when you’re putting on your moisturizer, the upward, outward motions will help ease facial tension that causes lines and wrinkles.
6. Smoking: A harmful habit in general, smoking causes the skin to take on a sallow appearance and increases the amount of wrinkles you might have. “Studies have been done that show that collagen production is decreased in people who smoke when compared to people their own age,” shares Dr. Mayoral.
7. Letting stress get the best of you: Let your anti-aging efforts be noticed by adopting a healthier attitude. “Stress has a direct negative impact on your skin,” says Dr. Rivera. Stress is unavoidable, but it’s how you handle it that matters. Make sure you make time for your friends, a good book, music, a walk or window-shopping. Those are the things that anchor you. Your inner happiness reflects on your skin and your skin is a reflection of overall health.
Make concentrating on these habits a part of your skin care routine to truly reap the benefits of all of your anti aging skin care efforts.
Sign up for the latest beauty news, product samples and coupons
Now you’ll be the first to hear about our latest beauty news, product samples and coupons and so much more. You’ll hear from us soon.