Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
This Is Why Our Lash Serum Is a Must
VOLUMINOUS® Original Mascara
Unbelieva-brow Longwear Waterproof Brow Gel
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
AGE PERFECT® Rosy Tone Fragrance Free Face Moisturizer
REVITALIFT DERM INTENSIVES 1.5% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
Meet The Roots
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
EVERPURE Brass Toning Purple Sulfate Free Shampoo
ELVIVE Color Vibrancy Rapid Reviver Deep Conditioner
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
It’s official: Nails are the It accessory of the season. Forget about clutches and cocktail rings. What better way to show off a trendy hue than by rocking it on your digits, after all? Whether you love hitting up the nail salon for a professional manicure (is there anything better than a hand massage?) or you’re a DIY kind of gal, there’s an endless array of nail polish shades to have fun with this winter. Seriously, from white to gray to navy to everything in between, there’s a perfect match out there for everyone. (And why not experiment with a new shade every week?) Find out which colors are on trend right now, plus learn how to paint your nails like a pro at home. So, what are you waiting for? Don’t hide your hands inside your gloves until spring—show off that gorgeous mani!
When it comes to what shades are popular during the coldest months of the year, there’s a whole lot of variety. Whether you prefer something dark, are a fan of reds, or want to add a touch of shimmer to your life, we’ve got you (and your nails) covered. (Of course, you can also play around with multiple shades and try nail art designs, too.) Here are a few of our faves from the L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Nail line:
After Hours. This navy shade is tres chic.
Diamond in the Rough. Nothing reminds us of falling snow quite like this glittery silver.
Breaking Curfew. Break out of your comfort zone by donning this rich eggplant hue.
Red Tote. Red is a classic for a reason—and sometimes, nothing beats a tried-and-true.
Rough Around the Edges. This shimmery black shade positively gleams.
Haute Couture Red. This red-tinged brown is anything but boring.
Greyt Expectations. Consider this gray-purple hybrid the new neutral.
Smell the Roses. When it comes to trends, rose gold isn’t going anywhere. Rock this rose shade on your hands, and consider blinging it out with gold glitter on top.
Top of the Line. Who says you can’t wear white after Labor Day? This crisp color is the perfect winter white.
Narrowed down a color choice yet? With so many great options, we know it’s not easy! Once you’ve settled on your shade, though, it’s time to get to work. Follow this advice when painting your nails at home:
1. Cut your nails. You could be wearing the most beautiful, eye-catching nail polish color, but if your nails look ragged, that’ll be all anyone really sees. Before you do anything else, cut your nails in a uniform shape, whether that’s square, round, or anything in between.
2. Show your cuticles some love. Next step: Pamper your cuticles. Rub a cuticle oil on them to help prevent dryness.
3. Swipe on a nail primer. Have ridges in your nails? You probably don’t want any lines showing up on your mani, so brush on a primer to create a smooth canvas for polish application.
4. Apply a base coat. If there’s one step you can’t skip, it’d be this, so don’t forget! Base coats can help prevent polish from staining your nails and they can also help extend the life of your manicure.
5. Paint on your polish. Apply a thin coat of polish onto your nails, letting it dry. (Be patient!) Then, follow up with a second thin coat.
6. Use a top coat. Seal it all in by applying a top coat over your nail polish. Not into shine? Try a matte topcoat for a flat finish instead. Matte is super-popular these days and looks really sophisticated on nails.
7. Consider quick-dry drops. If you’re in a rush, think about using quick-dry drops to help speed up the drying process. Then, sit back and relax until your nails are fully dry—because you don’t want to smudge things up!