Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
5 Lipstick Mistakes You Could Be Making
VOLUMINOUS® X Fiber Mascara
COLOUR RICHE® Matte Lipstick
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC Root Cover Up
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
Let’s be real: Sometimes, there’s just not all the time in the world to get everything you have to get done, well, done. When waking up and making it out the door in time so that you’re not late for work seems like a feat in and of itself, piling a full face into the mix may seem like a laughable stretch. Honestly, who has the time? Luckily, with the right tips and tricks, you can cut down on your makeup routine and still look gorg. Below, we share our favorite speedy makeup hacks and three foolproof makeup routines tailored to the approximate number of minutes you can spare. We got you girl!
Not willing to let your beauty routine compete with your beauty sleep? With these five makeup hacks you won’t have to.
1. Apply face makeup with a makeup sponge. Brushes might look pretty on your nightstand and offer a lot of versatility, but when you’re short on time, you’ll quickly realize that a sponge can get the job done faster! So, stock your makeup bag with the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Blend Artist Foundation Blender, L’Oréal Paris Infallible Blend Artist Contour Blender, and L’Oréal Paris Infallible Blend Artist Concealer Blender.
2. Use a contouring kit. To eliminate unnecessary decisions when you’re still trying to wake up, just grab a contouring makeup kit instead of searching for the separate bronzers and highlighters. The L’Oréal Paris Infallible Total Cover Concealing and Contour Kit has everything you need to emphasize your best features in one palette.
3. Try the “E + 3” contouring and highlighting technique. Now you have the palette, but what about the technique? There are a few options when it comes to contouring your face in a fuss-free way, the first of which is known as “E+3.” Bear with us. First, using your matte bronzer, you’ll draw an E shape starting at your temples, tracing along your cheekbone, and back out towards your jawline. Next, grab your highlighter or bright concealer and trace a backwards 3 starting the top line above your inner brow area, working down towards your nose and just below your cheekbone, then right above your jawline. Now that the puzzle pieces of your perfectly contoured look are in place, it’s time to blend, blend, blend. Voila!
4. Do the “Figure 8” trick. This technique is an alternative to the “E + 3” method. After you’ve applied your foundation and matte bronzer, grab your favorite highlighter and map a figure 8 around your eyes for an instantly brightened effect. Try the L’Oréal Paris True Match™ Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator, available in three shades: golden, ice, and rose.
5. Strobe like a pro. No time for a full bronzer and highlighter contour? No worries! You can make your features pop for a fully sculpted look by strobing—a technique using only highlighter—along your brow bones, cheekbones, the center of your nose, and your cupid’s bow. Gorgeous and glowing? Sign us up!
Now that you know the top tricks to help make your face look sculpted—after all, that’s what tends to take up the most time, anyways—you might be wondering how you can fit this into your routine for a fully made up face. Whether you have three, five, or 10 minutes to spare, we’ve got you covered.
Minimal time means a bare minimum look—but that doesn’t mean it can’t be presentable! Living in the world of no makeup, makeup, just follow these four steps and you’ll be on your way out the door in no time!
Step 1: Primer. The key to a look that lasts all day is to create a solid foundation. To do so, be sure to start your look with primer, which can help to create a smooth canvas. Try the L’Oréal Paris Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer.
Step 2: Foundation. Using the L’Oréal Paris True Match™ Lumi Cushion Foundation, gradually build coverage until you reach your desired level.
Step 3: Strobe. With not a lot of time to spare, now is the perfect opportunity to give strobing a go. With just a swipe of highlighter on your brow bone, cheekbone, the center of your nose, and cupid’s bow, you’ll be ready to slay the day.
Step 4: Mascara. To perk up your look in a flash, use the L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Mascara in Cobalt Blue.
Have a couple more minutes to spare? Using the 3-Minute Face routine as your base, you’ll be adding in a couple more steps for a slightly more done up look. Check it out!
Step 1: Primer.
Step 2: Foundation.
Step 3: Concealer. Grab a makeup sponge and your contour and conceal kit to help disguise dark circles under your eyes.
Step 4: Contour. Follow up with a swipe of the matte bronzer in the kit along the very top of your forehead, the hollows of your cheeks, the sides of your nose, and just under your bottom lip. Be sure to blend it out with the sponge!
Step 5: Figure 8. Using your highlighter, blend around your eyes to help illuminate your face.
Step 6: Blush. Pop open the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Paints/Blush palette and lightly dust your cheeks with the rosy hue.
Step 7: Eye shadow. Dust one end (your choice!) of the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Paints Eye Shadow in Nude Fishnet on your lids for a classic touch of color.
Step 8: Mascara.
Step 9: Lip gloss. Ain’t nobody got time for a full lip, so just swipe on the L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Le Gloss, available in a variety of sheer shades.
If you have five more minutes to spare, you can introduce a few more quick steps to take your makeup from done up to full on glam. Here’s how:
Step 2: Color correct. Tired of redness, sallowness, or other discoloration? Use the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Total Cover Color Correcting Kit to mask these color-related imperfections. Peach helps to hide dark circles, green helps to neutralize redness, purple helps to counteract dullness, and yellow helps to camouflage discoloration.
Step 3: Foundation.
Step 4: Concealer.
Step 5: E + 3. Need a refresher? Trace an E shape starting at your temples, tracing along your cheekbone, and back out towards your jawline to perfectly contour your face, followed by a highlight in the form of a backwards 3 starting at the top line above your inner brow area, working down towards your nose and just below your cheekbone, then right above your jawbone. Blend it out for a flawless finish.
Step 6: Eye shadow.
Step 7: Eyeliner. Use the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Silkissime Eyeliner in the color of your choice to lightly line your eyes with the slightest flick at the outer corner to help open them up a bit more.
Step 9: Brows. With makeup that looks this good, you couldn’t possibly think we’d let you head out of the house with your eyebrows being on point. Use the L’Oréal Paris Brow Stylist Kabuki Blender to help shape and define your eye-framing beauties.
Step 10: Lipstick: Last but not least, it’s time to seal your look with a kiss. Not sure which color to use? Try the L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche La Palette Lip in Pink or Plum. Mix shades to create a custom hue.