You are $75 away from free shipping
This Is Why Our Lash Serum Is a Must
VOLUMINOUS® Original Mascara
Unbelieva-brow Longwear Waterproof Brow Gel
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
AGE PERFECT® Rosy Tone Fragrance Free Face Moisturizer
REVITALIFT DERM INTENSIVES 1.5% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
Meet The Roots
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
EVERPURE Brass Toning Purple Sulfate Free Shampoo
ELVIVE Color Vibrancy Rapid Reviver Deep Conditioner
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Find your next look
From timeless looks to the hottest trends
WOMEN OF WORTH
Honoring extraordinary women who selflessly volunteer
Learn about the science behind skin care
Get personalized steps for ultimate results
Browse your saved items
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
When it comes to applying makeup that flatters you, one of the best things you can do is use your skin tone as a guide. Particularly, finding eye shadow and lipstick colors that flatter your undertones—whether they’re cool, warm, or neutral—can go a long way. Today, we’re here to focus on warm undertones specifically. Keep reading to learn how to spot a warm untertone and find our best makeup tips for warm undertones.
Before we get to actually applying makeup to warm undertones, let’s make sure you actually know what your undertones are! To see if you have warm undertones, take a peek at your wrists. If your veins appear on the green side, then you have a warm undertone. You can also tell if you have a warm undertone if gold jewelry looks better on you than silver. You’ll notice hints of yellow, peach, or gold in your skin tone as well if you have a warm undertone.
And now for the main event! Follow our makeup tips for warm undertones for a face-flattering makeup look. It’s time to step up your makeup game!
1. Choose the right foundation and concealer. A gorgeous makeup look starts with a flawless base—meaning it’s important to pick a foundation and concealer that’s also on the warm side. Ideally, your perfect foundation and concealer picks will have a yellow undertone as opposed to a pink one. Luckily, you don’t have to make an uneducated guess when it comes to shopping for these products. The L’Oréal Paris True Match™ Super Blendable Makeup and L’Oréal Paris True Match™ Super Blendable Crayon Concealer come in a variety of shades in varying tones, including warm. Make sure to blend, blend, blend for a seamless finish.
2. Dust on bronze and gold eye shadows. All that glitters is gold—literally. If you have a warm undertone, stick to warm eye shadow shades, like bronze, gold, or rust. Try the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Paints Metallic Eye Shadow in Brass Knuckles or L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Monos Eyeshadow in Matte Chill. Consider creating a bronze smoky eye for the perfect nighttime makeup look. Use the L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Quads in Army Brat to get the look.
3. Rock a purple shade on your lips. You’ll notice a theme with these makeup tips: Warm shades will look best on warm undertones. And that’s certainly the case when it comes to lips. Look for a warm lipstick in a purple shade for a pretty pop of color. Try the L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Matte Lipstick in Matte-Jestic. Exfoliate your lips first to help get rid of any flakiness, then apply a lip primer to help create a smooth canvas for your lipstick application.
4. Shine bright with highlighter. Create a glowing complexion by applying a little warm highlighter to your face. For a sheer highlight, sweep shades from the L’Oréal Paris True Match™ Lumi Glow Nude Highlighter in Sunkissed all over your face. For a more intense glow, squeeze a couple of drops of the L’Oréal Paris True Match™ Lumi Glow Amour Glow Boosting Drops in Golden Hour into your foundation before applying. You can also dust the L’Oréal Paris True Match™ Lumi Shimmerista Highlighting Powder in Sunlight onto your face and collarbone.
5. Blush it up. Blush has the ability to perk up any complexion—so don’t skip out on using it! Look for shades on the warm side, like the L’Oréal Paris True Match™ Blush in Bare Honey or Barely Blushing. Swirl a fluffy makeup brush into the blush and apply it to the apples of your cheeks for a natural-looking flush.
We’ve got more makeup tips coming your way! Head on over to our article, The Best Makeup Colors for Every Skin Tone, next.
Sign up for the latest beauty news, product samples and coupons
Now you’ll be the first to hear about our latest beauty news, product samples and coupons and so much more. You’ll hear from us soon.