Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
5 Lipstick Mistakes You Could Be Making
VOLUMINOUS® X Fiber Mascara
COLOUR RICHE® Matte Lipstick
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC Root Cover Up
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
When it comes to applying makeup that flatters you, one of the best things you can do is use your skin tone as a guide. Particularly, finding eye shadow and lipstick colors that flatter your undertones—whether they’re cool, warm, or neutral—can go a long way. Today, we’re here to focus on warm undertones specifically. Keep reading to learn how to spot a warm untertone and find our best makeup tips for warm undertones.
Before we get to actually applying makeup to warm undertones, let’s make sure you actually know what your undertones are! To see if you have warm undertones, take a peek at your wrists. If your veins appear on the green side, then you have a warm undertone. You can also tell if you have a warm undertone if gold jewelry looks better on you than silver. You’ll notice hints of yellow, peach, or gold in your skin tone as well if you have a warm undertone.
And now for the main event! Follow our makeup tips for warm undertones for a face-flattering makeup look. It’s time to step up your makeup game!
1. Choose the right foundation and concealer. A gorgeous makeup look starts with a flawless base—meaning it’s important to pick a foundation and concealer that’s also on the warm side. Ideally, your perfect foundation and concealer picks will have a yellow undertone as opposed to a pink one. Luckily, you don’t have to make an uneducated guess when it comes to shopping for these products. The L’Oréal Paris True Match™ Super Blendable Makeup and L’Oréal Paris True Match™ Super Blendable Crayon Concealer come in a variety of shades in varying tones, including warm. Make sure to blend, blend, blend for a seamless finish.
2. Dust on bronze and gold eye shadows. All that glitters is gold—literally. If you have a warm undertone, stick to warm eye shadow shades, like bronze, gold, or rust. Try the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Paints Metallic Eye Shadow in Brass Knuckles or L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Monos Eyeshadow in Matte Chill. Consider creating a bronze smoky eye for the perfect nighttime makeup look. Use the L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Quads in Army Brat to get the look.
3. Rock a purple shade on your lips. You’ll notice a theme with these makeup tips: Warm shades will look best on warm undertones. And that’s certainly the case when it comes to lips. Look for a warm lipstick in a purple shade for a pretty pop of color. Try the L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Matte Lipstick in Matte-Jestic. Exfoliate your lips first to help get rid of any flakiness, then apply a lip primer to help create a smooth canvas for your lipstick application.
4. Shine bright with highlighter. Create a glowing complexion by applying a little warm highlighter to your face. For a sheer highlight, sweep shades from the L’Oréal Paris True Match™ Lumi Glow Nude Highlighter in Sunkissed all over your face. For a more intense glow, squeeze a couple of drops of the L’Oréal Paris True Match™ Lumi Glow Amour Glow Boosting Drops in Golden Hour into your foundation before applying. You can also dust the L’Oréal Paris True Match™ Lumi Shimmerista Highlighting Powder in Sunlight onto your face and collarbone.
5. Blush it up. Blush has the ability to perk up any complexion—so don’t skip out on using it! Look for shades on the warm side, like the L’Oréal Paris True Match™ Blush in Bare Honey or Barely Blushing. Swirl a fluffy makeup brush into the blush and apply it to the apples of your cheeks for a natural-looking flush.
We’ve got more makeup tips coming your way! Head on over to our article, The Best Makeup Colors for Every Skin Tone, next.