Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
7 Places on Your Face to Apply Highlighter
VOLUMINOUS® Original Mascara
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC Root Cover Up
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
It may feel like it’s been winter forever, so to jazz things up as the weather remains dreary outside, it’s time to spice up your makeup routine. Adding some new winter makeup looks to your repertoire can help brighten up those gloomy, way-too-cold days. Of course, how you care for your skin is important, too. Since the low humidity of winter can make skin dry, you don’t want to apply makeup—especially the powder kind—over your complexion. Follow along with our guide below featuring gorgeous winter makeup ideas as well as tips and tricks for taking care of your skin during the cold weather months.
The snow may still be nipping at your nose, but with a few simple statement looks you’ll be able to warm up your appearance in no time. Here are five winter makeup ideas to inspire you this season.
1. Gold eyes + berry lips. To instantly glam up your look, use the gold eye shadow shade from the L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche Eyeshadow Quads in Army Brat all over your lid. Pair it with a bright berry lip, like the L'Oréal Paris Infallible Paints/Lip in Sultry Sangria, and you’ll be set with a makeup look that works from desk to drinks.
2. Classic red pout. No time for a full face? No problem! A red lip is all you need to tie your look together. Try the L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour in British Red.
3. Blushed cheeks. Create a natural-looking rosy flush—which looks so cheery—with blush. Use the L'Oréal Paris Infallible Paints Blush Palette to lightly sweep your shade of choice on the apples of your cheeks.
4. All-over glow. Shimmer like a snow globe! Start by mixing the L'Oréal Paris Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer with your foundation, then apply it all over your face. Follow up by using the L'Oréal Paris True Match™ Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator in Ice on your cheekbones, the bridge of your nose, and your chin.
5. Statement brows. Another great way to rock a one-piece makeup look is to perk up your brows. When filled in correctly, your brows can really make a statement. Use the L'Oréal Paris Brow Stylist Kabuki Blender, available in three shades, to fill in your brows.
With what feels like never-ending blustery winds and ever-dropping temps, it’s important to take special care of your complexion and keep a few things in mind when it comes to makeup application.
1. Use a gentle cleanser. You know that the weather can do a number on your skin—so consider switching to a gentle cleanser, like micellar water, to wash your face. Try the L'Oréal Paris Micellar Cleansing Water Complete Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin or L'Oréal Paris Micellar Cleansing Water Complete Cleanser for Normal to Dry Skin. Just saturate a cotton pad with the micellar water and wipe the pad across your skin—no rinsing or rubbing required.
2. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. Skin can tend to feel drier in the winter (thanks to the low humidity in the air), so be sure to moisturizer after cleansing. Moisturizing should be the final step in your skin care routine before you move on to makeup. Try the L'Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care for Normal/Oily Skin or L'Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care for Normal/Dry Skin, which are formulated with hyaluronic acid and aloe water to help provide long-lasting hydration.
3. Opt for a luminous finish foundation. Skin looking a little dull this winter? Use a luminous finish foundation, like the L'Oréal Paris True Match™ Lumi Cushion Foundation, which has buildable coverage.
4. Use a moisturizing lip balm. It’s not just your face that might feel dry during the colder months. So, before applying lipstick, swipe on your favorite hydrating lip balm.
5. Spritz on a setting spray. Love your winter look? Help ensure it lasts by spritzing on a setting spray, like the L'Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender Spray as the final step in your makeup routine.