Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
7 Places on Your Face to Apply Highlighter
VOLUMINOUS® Original Mascara
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC Root Cover Up
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
It’s pretty safe to say that as far as makeup trends go, 2017 has been the year of the lip. From liquid lipstick to matte lipstick to metallic lipstick, there’s so many different kinds of lip products out there to help you add a pop of color to your pout—no matter the occasion. And this is one trend that shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon. Here, learn about some of our favorite types of lip makeup products (such as liquid lipstick and lip liner) and how to use them. It’s time to make room in your makeup bag for these goodies!
Of course, the first product on our list would have to be lipstick! A classic lipstick is an oldie but a goodie. Whether you decide to wear an Old Hollywood-esque red, a ‘90s-inspired brick red-brown, a vibrant orange, or a flesh-toned nude, the possibilities are basically endless. The right lipstick shade can help tie any look together—even on those days when you don’t have a ton of time to spend on the rest of your makeup. Try the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Le Rouge or the L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour.
Since red is always in favor, we’re sharing tips on how to find your perfect match: If you have fair skin and pink or cool undertones, look for a blue-based red lipstick; meanwhile if you have an olive skin tone and warm undertones, look for a red lipstick with orange undertones. To determine what your undertones are, check the inside of your wrists: If your veins are blue, you have cool undertones, while if your veins are green, you have warm undertones. Easy enough!
If you follow your favorite celebs on social media, then chances are you’ve seen a few of them rocking liquid lipstick lately. Typically, liquid lipsticks have matte formulas that are long-lasting, and you’ll often see people wearing nude shades. Try the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Liquid Lipstick, which dries down to a flat matte finish and comes in a variety of stylish, high-impact colors. Feel free to have some fun by mixing and matching shades to create a unique color-blocked look that stands out from the crowd. Have a good time with it!
Speaking of matte finishes, matte lipstick is also really popular these days. There’s just something so sophisticated about non-shiny lips. In the summer, go bold by wearing a bright hue, like hot pink or coral. In the winter, go for a darker vampy lip that pairs well with the season. Try the L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Matte Lipstick, which has a creamy formula and a matte finish or the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Paints/Lips Matte, which is applied with a wand applicator.
Get your shimmer on! Metallic makeup has taken the beauty world by storm and can be worn on eyes, cheeks, and lips. Foil-inspired makeup can add a touch of glitz to your look any time of year (although we’re especially fond of it around the holidays!). Try the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Paints/Lips Metallic for a multi-dimensional effect. Pair it with metallic eye shadow and a shimmery highlighter if you want to be daring.
Using a lip liner before you apply lipstick can help prevent your color from feathering. You can also use a lip liner to help create the illusion of a fuller-looking pout. To do so, draw an X on your cupid’s bow, then line your lips slightly (and we mean just slightly!) outside of the outermost edges. You’re now ready to move on to lipstick! Try the L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Matte Liner, picking the shade that’s closest to your lipstick, then following up with a matte lip.
Sometimes you just don’t want to wear a full lip—and that’s OK. Maybe it’s the weekend and you want to chill without applying an entire face of makeup or maybe you’re rocking a particularly dramatic eye and want to keep the rest of your look relatively subdued. That’s where a lip gloss can come in handy! Try the L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Gloss for a sheer wash of color.
In addition to lip balm, glossy balm is another low-key lip pick on days when you want to keep your makeup simple. For a low-maintenance makeup look, apply a touch of BB cream, a coat of mascara and a touch of glossy balm. Try the L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Glossy Balm—and toss it in your tote to touch up your lips on the go!
And a tinted balm is yet one more low-maintenance lip product to have in your arsenal for those days when you don’t want to wear a ton of makeup. Try the L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Balm. Pick a shade that’s close to your lip color for everyday wear.
Want to take your lips to the next level? Create a super-trendy look—such as ombré lips, contoured lips, unicorn lips, or matte metallic lips—using a lip palette. Try the L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche La Palette Lip in Pink, Plum, or Nude. Here’s how to create an ombré lip using one of these palettes:
Step 1: Line your lips. This can help prevent your color from moving outside the lines. Remember: If you want to help create the appearance of fuller lips, overline them slightly—just don’t go too far outside the lines.
Step 2: Apply your lipstick. Pick two shades from your palette—one light and one a bit darker. (We suggest pairing #1 and #2 from the pink palette, #7 and #8 from the plum palette, or #6 and #7 from the nude palette.) Use a flat lip brush to blend the lighter of the two hues from the outer edges of your lips in.
Step 3: Create a gradation. It’s time to get to work on that ombré! Take your lip brush and apply your darker lipstick hue to the corners of your lips and blend everything together—stopping short of actually blending them into one color.
Step 4: Highlight and contour. Almost there! To finish things off, apply a tiny bit of highlighter above your lip to draw attention to your cupid’s bow. Now you’re done!
It’s not just about what kind of lipstick you choose to wear—whether that’s a liquid, metallic, or matte formula—it’s also about how you apply it. Follow these steps—from prepping your pucker to removing your makeup at the end of the day—to help create a gorgeous-looking pout. Kiss, kiss!
1. Scrub your lips first. Before putting lipstick anywhere near your lips, it’s a good idea to put in some prep work to help create a smooth base. Your first step should be to use a lip scrub to help exfoliate dead skin cells that may have built up on the surface of your lips. Then, apply a moisturizing lip balm. Then, apply a moisturizing lip balm.
2. Take the time to use a primer. You know how a face primer can help create an even canvas for your foundation application? Well, a lip primer can do the same for your lipstick. So, dab one on before swiping on color. No lip primer on hand? No problem! Use a tiny bit of concealer or foundation instead of primer if you’re in a pinch.
3. Don’t forget the lip liner. Do you often find yourself worrying that your lipstick is going to bleed outside lines Then say hello to lip liner! Before applying lipstick, line your lips—either with a liner that matches your lipstick hue or an invisible one.
4. Paint on color with a lip brush. If you’re going to use a lipstick that comes in a tube, consider applying it with a lip brush for a more precise, targeted application. This can be especially useful if you’re planning to wear a bright color.
5. Blot and set your lipstick. Once you’re done applying a coat of your lipstick shade of choice, gently blot your lips with a tissue, then apply one more coat of color and blog again. Finally, dust on a little bit of translucent powder onto your lips through the tissue to help set your look.
6. Remove everything at the end of the day. Ready to take off your makeup? Use the L’Oréal Paris Micellar Cleansing Water Complete Cleanser Waterproof – All Skin Types to remove your lipstick. Micellar water is a no-rinse cleansing option powered by tiny micelles—oil molecules—that act as a magnet to lift dirt, oil, and makeup up and away from the skin. This micellar water removes makeup—even waterproof—and intensely purifies. You can use it on your face, lips, and eyes. Just saturate a cotton pad with the micellar water and wipe it across your face.