Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
3 Mermaid Lip Looks to Rock All Summer Long
VOLUMINOUS® Lash Paradise Washable Mascara
COLOUR RICHE® Matte Lipstick
Multi-Masking Recipes For Every Combination Skin Type
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
6 Low Maintenance Hair Color Ideas for Summer 2017
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC Root Cover Up
How to Manage Split Ends (Without Losing Length)
HAIR EXPERT Extraordinary Clay Shampoo
HAIR EXPERT Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
5 Pretty Short Hairstyles for Summer 2017
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
It’s probably a safe bet to say you’re not a fan of lipstick that slides off your lips and needs to be reapplied what feels like every few minutes. And that’s especially the case during the holiday season. When you have a cutie to kiss under the mistletoe or when the clock strikes midnight on New Year’s Eve, the last thing you want to worry about is getting a bright lipstick all over your face—or theirs. But what if we told you it was possible to get a smudge-proof pout that really lasts? Yep, it’s true! Here’s what you need to know about rocking long-lasting matte lipstick this holiday season. Kiss away!
There are so many reasons to love matte lipstick, but these are definitely at the top of the list:
1. It has serious staying power. Lipsticks with a shiny finish can smudge and fade, but matte formulas are known for being the most long-lasting—so you can enjoy that glass of egg nog without worrying too much about touch-ups.
2. It makes a statement. Want to rock a bold hue? Reach for a liquid matte lipstick. The velvety finish allows colors to look extra intense.
3. It doesn’t bleed. Lipsticks that have a waxy finish can feather (i.e. settle into the fine lines around your lips) more easily than other kinds. But matte lipsticks tend to stay put right where you apply them.
4. It’s not sticky. You can wear a matte formula on the coldest, windiest day and not have to worry about your hair getting stuck to your lips.
5. It looks amazing any time of year. A deep color is the perfect shade to wear in the winter, while hot pink looks awesome in the summer. Given its long-lasting nature, matte lipstick is a keeper year-round.
Now that you’re all aboard the matte lipstick train, it’s time to get down to business. Try the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Lip Paint, which comes in 14 shades that scream “wow.” The applicator precisely diffuses color to your pucker for even application. Simply outline your lips using the pointed tip, then fill in. This holiday season, opt for crimson and plum shades like DIY Red 324, Sultry Sangria 326, and Bewitching Bordeaux 304. No one will be able to take their eyes off of you!
While matte lipstick looks absolutely stunning on, there is some work involved to ensure your color stays put. Follow these steps for the perfect matte pout:
1. Scrub your lips before using a liquid matte lipstick. When you use a matte lipstick with a velvety finish, every little imperfection can show—which is why it’s vital to exfoliate lips beforehand. After exfoliating, reach for a hydrating lip balm or emollient to help seal in moisture.
2. Prime your pucker. Get an even canvas by applying a lip primer before you put on your lipstick—this will help you avoid that dreaded feathered look.
3. Line your lips. Pick a liner that matches your lipstick shade—this will help be a guide for applying color and give you more definition, too.
4. Apply your lipstick. It’s go-time! Get that color on your lips. With matte liquid lipsticks a little goes a long way, so have a light touch. You can always build on more color if you want a more opaque, bold finish.
5. Use a highlighter. Want fuller-looking lips? Highlighter is the way to go. After applying your matte lipstick, apply a little bit of highlighter (or a highlighting eye shadow) to the center of your bottom lip. Pick a highlighter that complements your lipstick color—a gold tone will work well with reds and nudes, while a silver tone will work well with pinks and purples.
6. Clean things up. Dip a cotton swab in makeup remover or micellar water to clean up the edges of your lips. You can also use a little concealer around your lips if you’re in a pinch to hide any stray color.
7. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! We know: The whole point of a matte lipstick is that it isn’t shiny. Still, it’s important to ease dryness throughout the day (because the only flakes we want to deal with are the kind made out of snow). Swipe on a non-greasy lip balm over your matte lipstick whenever you feel a little dry. You’ll thank us when you’re making out under the mistletoe.
Matte lipstick is not for the faint of heart—depending on what shade you decide to wear, it can be bold and daring. Keep the rest of your face simple so your lips are the star. Get a flawless complexion with the L’Oréal Paris Total Cover Foundation, which offers long-lasting full coverage with a natural finish. Then, apply a thin line of L’Oréal Paris Infallible Paints Eyeliner in Black Party to your upper lash line. It has a felt tip for liquid liner precision. You’ll be the belle at the holiday ball!