You are $75 away from free shipping
This Is Why Our Lash Serum Is a Must
VOLUMINOUS® Original Mascara
Unbelieva-brow Longwear Waterproof Brow Gel
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
AGE PERFECT® Rosy Tone Fragrance Free Face Moisturizer
REVITALIFT DERM INTENSIVES 1.5% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
Meet The Roots
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
EVERPURE Brass Toning Purple Sulfate Free Shampoo
ELVIVE Color Vibrancy Rapid Reviver Deep Conditioner
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
It’s probably a safe bet to say you’re not a fan of lipstick that fades quickly. And that’s liklely especially the case during the holiday season. When you have a cutie to kiss under the mistletoe or when the clock strikes midnight on New Year’s Eve, the last thing you want to worry about is getting bright lipstick all over your face—or theirs. But what if we told you there was a smudge-proof lipstick option out there that’s perfect to wear around the holidays? We’re talking about liquid lipstick! Keep reading to learn about our L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Liquid Lipstick, which has a trendy matte finish and comes in a variety of berry and red shades perfect for the holidays (such as Deeply Disturbed, Plum Bum, Stirred, and Matador). Plus, get tips for applying liquid lipstick (and removing it) like a pro. Say ho, ho, ho to your new go-to holiday makeup look!
While liquid lipstick can look absolutely stunning on, there is some work involved to apply it properly. Follow these steps to apply liquid lipstick the right way.
1. Scrub your lips before using liquid lipstick. When you wear a liquid lipstick with a matte, velvety finish, every little imperfection can show—which is why it’s a good idea to exfoliate your lips with a lip scrub before application. After exfoliating, reach for a hydrating lip balm to help lock in moisture.
2. Prime your lips. Get an even canvas by applying a lip primer before you put on your liquid lipstick—this can also help prevent your liquid lipstick from feathering outside the lines.
3. Line your lips. Pick a lip liner that matches your lipstick shade—this can serve a guide for applying your liquid lipstick and giving your lips the appearance of more definition, too. Try the L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Matte Lip Liner.
4. Apply your liquid lipstick. It’s go-time! With matte liquid lipsticks a little goes a long way, so use a light touch when applying. You can always add more color as you go. Simply outline your lips with the precision applicator of your Infallible Pro-Matte Liquid Lipstick shade of choice, then fill them in.
5. Use a highlighter. Want to create the appearance of fuller-looking lips? Applying highlighter is the way to go. After you’re done with your liquid lipstick, dab a little bit of highlighter (or a highlighting eye shadow) to the center of your bottom lip. Pick a highlighter that complements your lipstick color—a gold highlighter will work well with reds and nudes, while a silver highlighter will work well with pinks and purples. Try the L’Oréal Paris True Match™ Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator.
6. Clean things up. Dip a cotton swab in makeup remover or micellar water to clean up the edges of your lips. You can also use a little concealer around your lips if you’re in a pinch to hide any stray color.
7. Take your liquid lipstick off at the end of the day. Once your holiday celebration is over, it’s time to remove your makeup. To take off your liquid lipstick, use a makeup remover that works on waterproof, long-wear formulas, like the L’Oréal Paris Micellar Cleansing Water Complete Cleanser Waterproof – All Skin Types. Saturate a cotton pad with the micellar water and wipe the pad across your face.
Liquid lipstick is not for the faint of heart—depending on what shade of liquid lipstick you decide to wear, it can make for a seriously bold and daring makeup look. Keep the rest of your face makeup simple so your lips are the star. Get a flawless-looking complexion with the L’Oréal Paris True Match™ Color Correcting Crayons and L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro Glow Foundation. Use them to conceal discolorations (like dark spots and dark circles under eyes). Then, apply a thin line of black liquid eyeliner, like the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Paints Eyeliner in Black Party, to your upper lash line. This eyeliner has a felt tip for liquid liner precision. You’ll be the belle at the holiday ball!
Your holiday makeup is officially on point, so what’s left? Your hair of course! To perfect your holiday hairstyle, check out our article, 3 Curly Hairstyles That Will Make Waves This Holiday Season, to complete your look.
Sign up for the latest beauty news, product samples and coupons
Now you’ll be the first to hear about our latest beauty news, product samples and coupons and so much more. You’ll hear from us soon.