You are $75 away from free shipping
This Is Why Our Lash Serum Is a Must
VOLUMINOUS® Original Mascara
Unbelieva-brow Longwear Waterproof Brow Gel
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
AGE PERFECT® Rosy Tone Fragrance Free Face Moisturizer
REVITALIFT DERM INTENSIVES 1.5% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
Meet The Roots
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
EVERPURE Brass Toning Purple Sulfate Free Shampoo
ELVIVE Color Vibrancy Rapid Reviver Deep Conditioner
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
If you don’t have wide-set eyes, it’s likely you’ve never even given thought to the distance between your eyes (unless you have close-set eyes, that is). For clarification, you have wide-set eyes if the distance between your eyes is longer than the width of one of your eyes. And wide-set eyes are beautiful—if you have them, you’re joining the likes a slew of beloved, beautiful celebrities. Even so, sometimes people want to draw less attention to the distance between their eyes. Thankfully, it doesn’t require anything drastic to do so. Read on to learn how to use an eyebrow makeup tip, contouring hack, and clever eye makeup technique to help make your eyes appear closer together.
When it comes to making your eyes appear closer together, the general idea is to use dark-colored makeup closer to the middle of your face. To start, extend your inner brows, making them longer—without quite creating a unibrow. First, fill in your brows with a slanted eyeliner brush dipped in the L’Oréal Paris Brow Stylist Frame and Set pomade. Then, slant your eyeliner brush along one side of the bridge of your nose to see where your brow should start. Use the brush to draw diagonal strokes at the beginning of your brows to create the illusion of natural brows. Just be sure not to overdo it with drawing on your eyebrows—this can come across as unnatural and harsh.
People with wide-set eyes sometimes have a nose with a wider bridge as well, which accentuates the distance between the eyes. You can add dimension and slim the look of your nose by putting your contour skills to use. With the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Total Cover Concealing and Contour Kit, use a thin brush to paint a line on either side of your nose. The closer the lines, the thinner your nose will appear. Then, use the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Blend Artist Foundation Blender to smooth the lines. Soften the contour lines even more with a fluffy brush and set with a face powder like L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Sweep & Lock Loose Setting Face Powder.
Don’t discount how dramatically your eye makeup can change your look. How you apply your eye shadow, eyeliner, and mascara can totally transform the look of the distance between your eyes.
1. Prime your lids. Prep your eyelids with an eye primer to ensure that your eye makeup lasts all day.
2. Apply eye shadow. Next, apply a neutral eye shadow that’s close to your skin color all over your lid. Select a darker color and blend it onto your crease, from corner to corner. Avoid blending your crease color outwards from the eye and make sure you’re reaching the inner corner of your crease with this darker color.
3. Line your eyes. Eyeliner time! Start by lining both the top and bottom lash lines. Begin at the inner corner of each eye and decrease the thickness of the line as you move outwards. A thicker line closer to the inside corners will actually make your eyes look closer together. Try L’Oréal Paris Infallible The Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner to get a precise line.
4. Add a wing. Oftentimes, those with wide-set eyes avoid winged liner or cat eye looks because they draw attention to the outer side of your eye. In reality, you can rock winged liner just like everyone else. Simply keep your wings shorter and more vertical.
5. Boost your lashes. Finally, lashes. Hold your eyelash curler at a slight angle when curling your lashes. This will curl them inwards instead of outwards. It may feel weird at first, but it can make a world of difference. Next, apply mascara as you normally would, but pull your eyelashes in the same angle in which you curled them. Try the L’Oréal Paris Voluminous X Fiber Mascara for full, voluminous lashes that will flatter your eyes.
Want to change the look of your lips too? You can use makeup to make your lips look bigger and smaller—whichever you prefer. Have your pick between our articles, How to Make Your Lips Look Bigger and How to Make Your Lips Look Smaller.
Sign up for the latest beauty news, product samples and coupons
Now you’ll be the first to hear about our latest beauty news, product samples and coupons and so much more. You’ll hear from us soon.