Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
5 Lipstick Mistakes You Could Be Making
VOLUMINOUS® X Fiber Mascara
COLOUR RICHE® Matte Lipstick
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC Root Cover Up
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
When it comes to mascara, do you somehow always find yourself reaching for basic black or brown without batting an eye? Don’t get us wrong, it’s nice to have a routine and a go-to mascara to rely on—but it’s time to unleash your adventurous side! And that means stepping out of your makeup comfort zone and wearing a brightly-hued mascara every once from time to time. Sure, you may try a bold red lip once in a while, but why not make a statement by rocking a vibrant shade on your lashes? It’s time to open your eyes to a whole new slew of colors and change the way you think about mascara!
Scared of wearing a bright color on your fringe? Don’t be! Just follow these tips and tricks to pulling off this eye-catching look.
1. Start with lash primer. You know how you apply a primer to your face before putting on foundation? Well, the same theory can be applied to your lashes and mascara application. The L'Oréal Paris Voluminous Primer helps to create an even base for applying mascara.
2. Cover your top and bottom lashes. Are you bold and fearless when it comes to trying makeup trends? Then this next tip is for you! Make a statement by swiping blue mascara, like the L'Oréal Paris Voluminous Original Mascara in Cobalt Blue, onto both your top and bottom lashes. It’s uniquely formulated to resist clumping, help keep your lashes feeling soft, and build volume. To use, place the brush at the base of your lashes and gently sweep up to the tip—no need to pump the wand.
3. Add on eyeliner. If you’re looking for another way to make your eyes pop, line the top and bottom of your eyes in a matching eyeliner. Rocking cobalt blue lashes? Use the L'Oréal Paris Infallible Silkissime Eyeliner in Cobalt Blue.
4. Pair it with barely-there makeup. Worried about your colored mascara looking more clown-like than trendsetter? Our advice: Keep the rest of your makeup looking natural and let your blue lashes steal the spotlight. Use a radiant finish foundation, like the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation, and apply it with the L'Oréal Paris Infallible Blend Artist Foundation Blender, using dabbing and rolling motions for a flawless-looking finish. Finish up with a swipe of clear gloss and you’re good to go!
5. Just use color on the tips of your lashes. If you’re not quite ready to take the plunge with colored mascara, there is way you can test out your limits. Simply apply the colored mascara on just the tips of your lashes for a subtle dash of color. It won’t be super-visible except from up-close, so this is a great way to try colored mascara for the first time if you’re not sure if the trend is for you. Who knows—maybe this will inspire to swipe on a full layer of blue mascara next time! Anything is possible.
6. Layer up for a subtle hint of color. Can’t seem to let your fave black mascara go? Well, you don’t have to! Simply layer a colored mascara over your regular one for a hint of color. After applying a primer, swipe on your go-to black mascara (such as the L'Oréal Paris Voluminous Original Mascara in Black), and follow up with a coat of colored mascara on top. This is another subtle way to give this trend a try.
7. Use the right technique. Yes, there is a right way to apply colored mascara. Want to know what it is? Here you go: Pull the outer corner of your eye gently to stretch the lash line. Then, take your mascara brush and apply it vertically to the lash line. Zig zag the brush along your eyelashes to help amp up the volume. You can also use the brush in a horizontal movement to help add depth.