You are $75 away from free shipping
This Is Why Our Lash Serum Is a Must
AGE PERFECT MAKEUP Radiant Serum Foundation with SPF 50
UNBELIEVA-BROW Longwear Waterproof Brow Gel
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
AGE PERFECT® Rosy Tone Fragrance Free Face Moisturizer
REVITALIFT DERM INTENSIVES 1.5% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC ROOT Precision Pen
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
EVERPURE Brass Toning Purple Sulfate Free Shampoo
ELVIVE Color Vibrancy Rapid Reviver Deep Conditioner
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Find your next look
Find the perfect gift from our carefully curated selection of top beauty favorites
WOMEN OF WORTH
Honoring extraordinary women who selflessly volunteer
Learn about the science behind skin care
Get personalized steps for ultimate results
Browse your saved items
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
So, you want to switch up your ‘do. As with any hair color change, the best place to start is with a little research, which is probably precisely why you’re here. And, we must admit, we’re glad that you are. One hair color that we’ve been seeing a lot of these days is a salmon pink shade. There’s just something about this semi-warm, semi-burnt orange hair color that has earned itself a spot amongst the most coveted hues of the year. And since there’s just about nothing better in the beauty world than being on trend, here’s everything you need to know in order to get the sushi-inspired hue.
Like with all rainbow hair colors, the best way to ensure that you achieve your salmon hair color goals is to understand what the process will entail. If you have dark hair, you’ll need to bleach your hair first in order for the salmon pink color to actually show up. What’s more, the darker your base shade, the longer it could take to reach your desired salmon shade. To get a salmon pink hair color, you can either visit a professional colorist or DIY it. If you decide to DIY it, reach for the L’Oréal Paris Colorista Bleach if you don’t already have blonde or bleached hair.
Once you’ve bleached your hair, it’s time to get to work! Of course, you can call up your colorist to make an appointment at the salon to have your hair bleached and colored salmon. A colorist will be able to expertly create a salmon shade that flatters you. To go the DIY route, look for the right at-home hair kit. A salmon shade is a medium pink that has orange undertones. Thanks to the orange, it can add major warmth to the look of your complexion.
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again—color-treated hair requires a special level of commitment and care to keep it in tip-top condition. Follow the below six tips to make caring for colored hair a little easier.
1. Switch to a system of shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask that’s specially formulated for color-treated hair. It’s time to break up with your old shampoo, conditioner, and other hair care products. Instead, try using a system formulated for colored hair, like the L’Oréal Paris Hair Expert Color Vibrancy Intensive Shampoo, L’Oréal Paris Hair Expert Color Vibrancy Intensive Conditioner, and L’Oréal Paris Hair Expert Color Vibrancy Intensive Ultra Recovery Mask.
2. Turn down the heat. Taking a hot shower might feel great, but it’s not exactly the best thing in the world for your hair. Super-hot temps can strip your strands of essential oils, leaving hair dry and dull-looking.
3. Use heat protectants. Love hot tools? If you find yourself wanting to blow-dry, straighten, or curl your color-treated hair, just make sure to use a heat protectant, like the L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle BOOST IT Blow Out HeatSpray, first.
4. Let your hair air dry. You don’t have to use heat tools to style your hair. For those days when you want a break or are in a rush to make it out the door on time, air dry your hair. After hopping out of the shower, reach for a styling product, like the L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray, L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Ruffled Body Mousse, or L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Undone Style Cream, and apply it towel-dried hair to add shape and texture to your strands.
5. Get a gloss. There’s nothing worse than noticing that your hair color has started to dull. But hitting up the salon to get a gloss can help keep your salmon pink hair color looking shiny.
6. Touch up your color. Eventually, your roots are going to grow in. So, make sure you stock up on at-home hair color or book another appointment with your colorist so that you can have your roots touched up.
Check out our article, The Best Shade of Pink Hair for Every Skin Tone, for more gorgeous pink hair color ideas.
Sign up for the latest beauty news, product samples and coupons
Now you’ll be the first to hear about our latest beauty news, product samples and coupons and so much more. You’ll hear from us soon.