You are $75 away from free shipping
This Is Why Our Lash Serum Is a Must
AGE PERFECT MAKEUP Radiant Serum Foundation with SPF 50
UNBELIEVA-BROW Longwear Waterproof Brow Gel
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
AGE PERFECT® Rosy Tone Fragrance Free Face Moisturizer
REVITALIFT DERM INTENSIVES 1.5% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum
Should You Wash Your Hair Before You Color It?
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC ROOT Precision Pen
Our 21 Best Hair Care Tips For Every Hair Type
EVERPURE Brass Toning Purple Sulfate Free Shampoo
ELVIVE Color Vibrancy Rapid Reviver Deep Conditioner
The Best Bangs for Every Face Shape and Hair Type
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Find your next look
Haircolor Meets Makeup
Match your Brow and Hair Color Shade
WOMEN OF WORTH
Honoring extraordinary women who selflessly volunteer
The formula the world is asking for?
Learn about the science behind skin care
Browse your saved items
Find the perfect gift from our carefully curated selection of top beauty favorites
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
So, you want to get blonde hair, but you want it to look like it’s your natural hair color. If you’ve ever dyed your hair, then you know just how satisfying it is to look in the mirror once the process is over. And while rainbow hair is all the rage these days in terms of hair color trends, sometimes it’s nice to take a break from the bright hues and sport a more traditional shade of blonde hair, brown hair, or red hair. If super-vibrant out-there hair colors aren’t for you, then you likely want your hair color to look natural. Below, we’ve got tips on creating a natural-looking blonde hair color as well as advice on taking care of blonde, colored hair.
Whether you opt to head to the salon to have a professional colorist dye your hair blonde or you decide to DIY it with an at-home hair color kit (such as the L’Oréal Paris Superior Preference, L’Oréal Paris Excellence Creme, or L’Oréal Paris Féria), there are a few things you should keep in mind when it comes to creating blonde hair that looks natural. Consider the following five tips before coloring your hair blonde.
1. Match your brows to your roots. One of the quickest ways to discover a fake blonde is when eyebrows and roots don’t match. The kicker, though, is that if you have no roots showing, you still want your brows to be ever so slightly darker than your blonde hair so that it doesn’t look like you’ve colored your hair. Filling in your brows? Try the L’Oréal Paris Brow Stylist Shape & Fill Mechanical Pencil.
2. Consider your eye color when choosing your blonde hair color. In most cases, the lighter your eyes are, the lighter your hair can be. If you want to go for a lighter blonde hair color but have dark eyes, just focus the majority of the pale blonde hair color at your ends and you’ll be golden (pun intended).
3. Pick the right blonde hair color for your skin tone. By now you’ve heard of cool tones and warm tones. If you want your new blonde hair color to look more natural, be sure to match cool colors with cool undertones and warm colors with warm undertones. If you have neutral undertones, you can go either way. Lucky you! Some of our favorite cool blonde shades include light ash blonde and champagne blonde, while some of our favorite warm blonde shades include pearl blonde and golden blonde.
4. Don’t make your blonde hair one dimensional. Look at anybody’s natural hair color: It’s generally going to be multidimensional. Within the mix of natural blonde hair, you’ll likely find a few different colors blending together to create one gorgeous look. So, if you want your blonde hair color to appear as natural as possible, ask your colorist to create balayage highlights, picking and choosing which blonde shades should go where.
5. Tone out brassiness. If you’ve ever gone blonde, then you know the struggle that is dealing with brassy tones. Ask your colorist for a toner to help minimize the look of brassiness.
No matter which technique you use to get a natural-looking blonde hair color, it’s important to switch up your hair care routine so that it’s tailored for colored hair. Look for a system of shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask formulated for blonde, color-treated hair, like the L’Oréal Paris EverPure Blonde Shampoo, L’Oréal Paris EverPure Blonde Conditioner, and L’Oréal Paris EverPure Blonde Shade Reviving Treatment. The EverPure Blonde system gently cleanses and conditions blonde, colored hair and helps neutralize unwanted brassiness. Use the hair mask in place of the conditioner once a week for best results.
Want to add a red tint to your blonde hair? Read our article, How to Dye Your Hair Strawberry Blonde.
Sign up for the latest beauty news, product samples and coupons
Now you’ll be the first to hear about our latest beauty news, product samples and coupons and so much more. You’ll hear from us soon.