Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
5 Lipstick Mistakes You Could Be Making
VOLUMINOUS® X Fiber Mascara
COLOUR RICHE® Matte Lipstick
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC Root Cover Up
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
Dark hair may not get quite as much love as rainbow shades and super-dramatic blonde ones do, but they can be just as beautiful. Case in point: black cherry hair. This soda-inspired hair color is anything but boring. The deep burgundy hue has the slightest cherry red tints that really make hair pop. Want to try it yourself? Keep reading to learn all about black cherry hair, from how to get the look at home to how to take care of color-treated hair, to how to switch up your makeup to complement your new hue.
If you’re a fan of coloring your hair at home and are looking to rock a vibrant black cherry shade, try the L’Oréal Paris Féria in Deep Burgundy. Of course, you can also call up your salon and book an appointment with a colorist. Keep in mind that regular touch-ups are necessary to maintain your black cherry hue.
Coloring your hair black cherry is only the first step. The real work comes after dye day—it’s all about sticking to a hair care routine tailored to color-treated hair. The good news is, we’ve got your plans all laid out. Follow our tips below to care for your black cherry hair.
1. Switch to a system of shampoo, conditioner, and mask formulated for color-treated hair. Make room in your shower for some new products, namely a shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask! Try the L’Oréal Paris Hair Expert Color Vibrancy Intensive Shampoo, L’Oréal Paris Hair Expert Color Vibrancy Intensive Conditioner, and L’Oréal Paris Hair Expert Color Vibrancy Intensive Ultra Recovery Mask.
2. Turn down the dial in the shower. Sure, this may not feel quite as relaxing, but your hair will thank you. Super-hot water can strip your strands of essential oils, so rinse off in lukewarm temps instead to avoid drying out your black cherry hair.
3. Protect your tresses before heat styling. Want to style your black cherry hair with hot tools? Make sure to use a heat protectant first, like the L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle BOOST IT Blow Out HeatSpray or the L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle SLEEK IT Iron Straight Heatspray.
Whenever you color your hair, it’s a good idea to think about changing up your makeup routine so that you’re flattering your new ‘do. To help you make the upgrade, below we share five tips for creating a makeup look that complements black cherry hair.
1. Keep your face makeup minimal. Black cherry hair looks best when paired with lighter, cooler skin. Show off your gorgeous skin by applying a radiant finish foundation, like the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro Glow Foundation.
2. Rock a cat eye. There’s just something special about the way red hair (black cherry included) looks when paired with a perfectly executed cat eye. All you have to do is trace your upper lash line with the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Paints Eyeliner in Black Party and flick it out at the corner.
3. Coordinate your brows. When you’re sporting a shade of red hair like black cherry, you don’t have to match your brows exactly to the hair on your head. Instead, opt for brown brows with the slightest auburn hint the next time you’re filling them in. Try the L’Oréal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Mechanical Pencil in Light Brunette.
4. Dress up your eyes. Instead of sticking to black eyeliner and mascara when you have black cherry hair, get creative with color with the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Silkissime Eyeliner in Cobalt Blue, Gold, and Green Ivy. Consider topping it off with a coat of the L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Mascara in Cobalt, too! The stark differentiation between bright makeup colors and sultry black cherry hair can look especially pretty.
5. Look striking in sultry lipstick shades. Dark hair and dark lips go together like peanut butter and jelly. To get the look when you have black cherry hair, try coating your lips with the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Paints/Lips Metallics in Smoldering Eclipse or the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Liquid Lipstick in Deeply Disturbed.