You are $75 away from free shipping
This Is Why Our Lash Serum Is a Must
AGE PERFECT MAKEUP Radiant Serum Foundation with SPF 50
UNBELIEVA-BROW Longwear Waterproof Brow Gel
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
AGE PERFECT® Rosy Tone Fragrance Free Face Moisturizer
REVITALIFT DERM INTENSIVES 1.5% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC ROOT Precision Pen
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
EVERPURE Brass Toning Purple Sulfate Free Shampoo
ELVIVE Color Vibrancy Rapid Reviver Deep Conditioner
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Find your next look
Discover our carefully curated selection of top beauty favorites
WOMEN OF WORTH
Honoring extraordinary women who selflessly volunteer
Learn about the science behind skin care
Get personalized steps for ultimate results
Browse your saved items
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
In today’s beauty world, you can blink and what do you know, there’s a new hair color topping the list of trendiest shades. And that’s exactly what’s happened with metallic mauve hair. This ultra-shiny hue that’s a cross between purple and pink, with gray undertones, is suddenly on everyone’s lips—and heads. Want to join them? Keep reading to find out how to get metallic mauve hair for yourself. (Spoiler: You can get metallic mauve hair at home, with a permanent hair color kit and temporary hair color spray.) Plus, stick around to learn the right hair care regimen and the best hairstyle for metallic mauve hair.
Eager to turn your mane into a metallic mauve masterpiece? We won’t hold you back. If you’ve decided to DIY your new color, you’ll need the L’Oréal Paris Féria in Dusty Mauve and the L’Oréal Paris Colorista 1-Day Spray in Rose Gold. Start by dyeing your hair with the permanent mauve hair color, being sure to closely follow the directions included with the dye. Once you’ve finished dyeing, your tresses will be undoubtedly mauve—but what about metallic? To give your strands a metallic finish, use the temporary rose gold hair color spray. Shake well, then hold the can 4-6 inches from dry hair and spray. Wait a few minutes for the color to dry, and you’re ready to take on the world with your newly metallic mauve hair.
Of course, don’t forget, you can always head to a professional hair colorist for help achieving a metallic mauve hair color. This can be an especially good idea if you have damaged hair or previously colored hair. A colorist will be able to create a unique metallic mauve hair color that flatters you.
Metallic mauve hair, as is true for all hair colors that differ from the one you were born with, requires special care. Follow these steps to keep your new hue looking its best:
1. Use a color-safe hair care system. Your regular old shampoo and conditioner probably won’t cut it once your change up your hair color. It’s time to switch to sulfate-free hair care products that work for color-treated hair, like the L’Oréal Paris EverPure Repair & Defense Shampoo and L’Oréal Paris EverPure Repair & Defense Conditioner. Massage the shampoo into wet hair, lather, then rinse out using lukewarm water. Follow up by applying the conditioner and leaving it on for 1-3 minutes, then it’s time to rinse again.
2. Introduce a hair mask to your routine. Just as pampering your skin with face masks is a must, you’ll also want to give your hair a little extra love—with a hair mask. Use one, like the L’Oréal Paris EverPure Repair Remedy Balm, twice a week or as needed. After shampooing with the above shampoo, slather on the hair mask and leave it for 3-5 minutes before washing out.
Have you considered how you’ll style your updated shade? We suggest a braided hairstyle to instantly make your metallic locks festival-ready. Try this easy option:
1. Use wave spray. First things first, put down your heat tools. Give your hair a break and spritz damp strands with the L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray, then scrunch and allow your hair to finish air drying.
2. Split hair down the center. Using a fine tooth comb, create a middle part, effectively splitting your hair into two sections.
3. Braid each side. Braid both sections. It’s up to you what kind of braids you do, whether they’re French, fishtail, pull-through, or Dutch braids.
4. Pancake the braids. Don’t leave your braids as is, carefully loosen and pull them apart to give your hairstyle an effortless vibe.
5. Finish with hair spray. Lock in your look, and ensure it can survive any activity—including a sweltering festival—with a hair spray, like the L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle LOCK IT Weather Control Hairspray.
Not sure if metallic mauve hair is for you but still want a metallic mane? In that case, you may want to head on over to our article, Heavy Metals: How to Do Copper, Bronze, and Rose Gold Hair for Every Skin Tone.
Sign up for the latest beauty news, product samples and coupons
Now you’ll be the first to hear about our latest beauty news, product samples and coupons and so much more. You’ll hear from us soon.