You are $75 away from free shipping
This Is Why Our Lash Serum Is a Must
AGE PERFECT MAKEUP Radiant Serum Foundation with SPF 50
UNBELIEVA-BROW Longwear Waterproof Brow Gel
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
AGE PERFECT® Rosy Tone Fragrance Free Face Moisturizer
REVITALIFT DERM INTENSIVES 1.5% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC ROOT Precision Pen
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
EVERPURE Brass Toning Purple Sulfate Free Shampoo
ELVIVE Color Vibrancy Rapid Reviver Deep Conditioner
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Find your next look
Haircolor Meets Makeup
Match your Brow and Hair Color Shade
WOMEN OF WORTH
Honoring extraordinary women who selflessly volunteer
Learn about the science behind skin care
Checkout our weekly live broadcast with tips from our experts
Find the perfect gift from our carefully curated selection of top beauty favorites
Browse your saved items
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
When it comes to your beauty look, it’s safe to say most of us want to switch things up now and then. When you want something a little spontaneous in your life, a change of hair color is often the first stop. There’s just something about rocking a new hue that makes you feel instantly refreshed and renewed. While there are plenty of hair color trends to try, perhaps you’d like to set your sights on glow in the dark hair. Yup—it’s a thing, and we’re just a little obsessed. Read on to learn how to use our best glow in the dark hair dye to achieve a glowing, fluorescent mane.
Without further ado, allow us to introduce you to our best glow in the dark hair dye: the L’Oréal Paris Colorista Hair Makeup Temporary 1-Day Hair Color. There are three glow in the dark colors in the line for you to choose from: Neon Pink, Neon Green, and Neon Yellow. All three hair makeup shades are meant for those with platinum and light blonde hair. The gentle, leave-in formula is perfect for one day color since it washes out with shampoo, meaning you can temporarily rock glow in the dark hair without a full-time commitment.
No bleach or gloves are required for getting glow in the dark hair with this temporary hair color, and there’s no need to worry about damaging your locks either! That said, since these dyes are formulated for those with light hair, if you have a dark hair color, you’ll need to bleach your strands prior to using one or expect them not to show up so well.
We’re sure you want to put the glow in the dark hair dye to use, no? Here’s what to do.
Step #1. Prep. Place a towel around your shoulders to protect your clothing, then brush through your hair, so there are no tangles to get in the way of the dyeing process.
Step #2. Apply. With your fingertips, apply a dime-sized amount of dye on a thin, dry strand of hair. No gloves needed.
Step #3. Blend. Comb or brush hair to distribute your glow in the dark hair dye.
Step #4. Style. Air dry or blow-dry the hair makeup and style as desired.
Step #5: Lights off. Hurry to shut off the lights and check out your new color!
Glow in the dark hair isn’t a trend that has to be worn one particular way. You can hop on the trend any way you like, but we have a few ideas to share.
1. Glow in the dark tips. Want a subtle touch of glow in the dark hair? Use the dip dye technique to rock the trend! Apply your glow in the dark hair dye on just your ends to get the look.
2. Glow in the dark highlights. For some glow in the dark definition, give yourself DIY highlights. We particularly love the balayage technique for this look but feel free to get creative (and rock more than one glow in the dark hair color). You’ll be sure to turn heads!
3. Glow in the dark money piece. Want your glow in the dark locks to be front and center? Use your hair dye to color your face-framing strands and create a striking money piece.
4. Glow in the dark underlights. Perhaps you want to keep your glow in the dark hair on the down-low. If so, look no further than glow in the dark underlights. This technique involves highlighting the underneath layer of your hair, so it's hidden most of the time, but when you wear your hair up, you’ll have a colorful surprise!
5. All-over glow in the dark. Of course, you can’t go wrong with fully embracing the glow in the dark hair trend. To do just that, give your mane a total makeover with an all-over glow in the dark color.
Love glow in the dark hair, but want another bold hair color trend to try? Check out our article, Hidden Rainbow Hair: How to Get This Season's Hottest Hair Color Trend.
Sign up for the latest beauty news, product samples and coupons
Now you’ll be the first to hear about our latest beauty news, product samples and coupons and so much more. You’ll hear from us soon.