Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
3 Mermaid Lip Looks to Rock All Summer Long
VOLUMINOUS® Lash Paradise Washable Mascara
COLOUR RICHE® Matte Lipstick
Multi-Masking Recipes For Every Combination Skin Type
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Mask
6 Low Maintenance Hair Color Ideas for Summer 2017
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC Root Cover Up
How to Manage Split Ends (Without Losing Length)
HAIR EXPERT Extraordinary Clay Shampoo
HAIR EXPERT Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
5 Pretty Short Hairstyles for Summer 2017
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
When it comes to the summertime, chances are you want to lighten your load—as far as your wardrobe and makeup routine, that is. But have you given any thought to your hair color? The warm weather season could be the perfect time to make a change and opt for a sun-kissed shade. Here, find your inspiration with light brown hair color suggestions for summer 2017, as well as what you need to know about dyeing your mane one of these colors and taking care of your new hue.
Ready to take the plunge and go lighter? Try one of these hair color ideas this summer! While you can opt for allover color, consider balayage highlights, which don’t require as much upkeep. (Keep in mind that you’ll want to go to a salon for balayage, since it requires a certain skill.)
1. Cool light brown: Is your skin tone cool? Match it with a cool light brown hue.
Get the look: L’Oréal Paris Superior Preference in Cool Light Brown
2. Light amber brown: Amber is a beautiful color that falls between gold and orange. Try a light amber brown shade if you have pink undertones in your skin.
2. Light amber brown:
Get the look: L’Oréal Paris Superior Preference in Light Amber Brown
3. Light ash brown: This chic, ashy hue pairs well with cool skin tones.
3. Light ash brown:
Get the look: L’Oréal Paris Superior Preference in Light Ash Brown
4. Light golden brown: Go for the gold! Golden shades work well when paired with warm skin tones.
4. Light golden brown:
Get the look: L’Oréal Paris Féria in Light Golden Brown
Summer is typically a low-key time of year made up of beach days and outdoor brunches—but depending on what shade of light brown you decide on, it might not be so low-maintenance. Keep in mind that if you’re starting with a dark brown base color, you’ll need to bleach your hair to go lighter—and the darker your hair is, the more work it’ll require to take you to your desired level of light brown. That being said, balayage is traditionally a low-maintenance look, as the highlights don’t reach your roots—meaning your hair will grow out without the need for frequent touchups. If you opt for an allover light brown shade, you may find yourself in the salon chair (or DIYing it) every few weeks.
Color-treated hair requires special care—which is why you’re going to want to switch up your hair care routine. Follow the below tips to show your light brown locks some love!
1. Use a system of shampoo, conditioner, and mask formulated for color-treated hair. It’s time to show your old products the door. Try the L’Oréal Paris Hair Expert Color Vibrancy Intensive Shampoo, L’Oréal Paris Hair Expert Color Vibrancy Intensive Conditioner, and L’Oréal Paris Hair Expert Color Vibrancy Intensive Ultra Recovery Mask. And while you’re in the shower, turn down the dial in rinse off in lukewarm water. Super-hot H2O can strip your hair of essential oils, not to mention, it might just feel uncomfortable to bathe in high temps during the summer months, anyway.
2. Ditch the heat tools. Summer is the season for air drying your strands! Rock stylish beachy waves by spritzing on the L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray to towel-dried hair, creating a braid, then undoing the braid. Who says you need to be anywhere near the ocean to make waves?
3. Temporarily disguise gray roots. So you don’t have time to touch up your roots—but grays are growing in. That’s OK! Just use the L’Oréal Paris Root Cover Up, which is available in four brown hues. Spray it directly onto regrowth and lightly through the rest of your hair to blend in the color. It’ll last for one shampoo.