Sign up to receive beautynews, product samples, couponsand more.
Please enter a valid e-mail address
We're sorry. That email address has already been used.
Thank you.You'll hear from us soon.
You are $75 away from free shipping
7 Places on Your Face to Apply Highlighter
VOLUMINOUS® Original Mascara
Your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Skin Care Routine Schedule
PURE-CLAY Detox & Brighten Cleanser
PURE-CLAY Clear & Comfort Face Mask
4 Best Tips for Touching Up Your Roots
COLORISTA Semi-Permanent Hair Color
MAGIC Root Cover Up
Your Guide to Sulfate-Free Hair Care
ELVIVE Extraordinary Oil Treatment
ELVIVE Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
3 Easy Hairstyles in 3 Minutes Each
ADVANCED HAIRSTYLE AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray
ELNETT SATIN HAIRSPRAY Extra Strong Hold
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
A bad hair day can mean different things for different hair types. And the thing is, certain hair types can sometimes act more finicky than others. If you have fine hair, for example, you may feel disappointed when your mane looks flat. Whereas if you have frizz-prone hair, you may get frustrated when you have to deal with flyaways. Regardless of your hair type, though, when your hair won’t cooperate, it can often put a damper on your entire day. Of course, there’s nothing you can do to change your hair type—but there are some hair care and styling tips you can employ that can help make managing your hair type easier. Work with your hair and not against it. Here, find three easy tips for fine hair, frizz-prone hair, and oily hair—it’s time to fall in love with your hair type!
Does your fine hair often fall flat? Consider adding a system of volume shampoo and conditioner along with volumizing styling products to your hair care routine.
1. Use a system of volume shampoo and conditioner. Caring for fine hair starts in the shower. Try the L’Oréal Paris EverPure Volume Shampoo and L’Oréal Paris EverPure Volume Conditioner. The EverPure Volume system helps to infuse fine, flat hair with the look of body without weighing it down. Apply the shampoo to wet hair, massaging it gently into a thick lather. Then, rinse thoroughly, apply the conditioner, and leave it on for 1-2 minutes before rinsing out.
2. Switch up your part. One of the easiest ways to help add the look of volume to fine hair is to change where you part your hair. You can switch your part in the morning or even halfway through the day for the look of a little extra volume at the root. The thing is, when you part your hair in the same place day after day, it can start to look flat. Consider creating a deep side part and see what a difference it makes. Help hold your style in place by spritzing on the L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle BOOST IT High Lift Creation Spray.
3. Stock up on a few key styling products. When it comes to styling fine hair with products, less is definitely more, as you don’t want to weigh your hair down. Here are a few options to consider for fine hair along with tips for using each.
L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle BOOST IT Volume Inject Mousse: Shake the can well, then hold it upside down to dispense the mousse into your palm. Apply it evenly throughout damp hair and style as usual.
L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle BOOST IT Air-Whipped Densifying Foam: Shake the can well, then hold it upside down and dispense an egg-sized amount into your palm. Apply it evenly throughout towel-dried hair and style as usual.
L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle BOOST IT Air-Blown Texture Mist: Spray lightly throughout towel-dried hair, focusing on the roots, then style as usual.
If you have frizz-prone hair, then you’re probably well aware that humidity can cause your hair to act unruly. No fair! Follow the below tips to care for frizz-prone hair and find air-dry styling options for frizzy hair.
1. Use a system of shampoo and conditioner formulated for frizzy hair. Cleanse and condition your stands with the L’Oréal Paris EverPure Frizz-Defy Shampoo and L’Oréal Paris EverPure Frizz-Defy Conditioner. The EverPure Frizz-Defy system helps to provide humidity and frizz control as well as manageability. Massage the shampoo into wet hair, rinse, then apply the conditioner and leave it on for 1-2 minutes before rinsing out. Follow up with the below hair serum.
2. Add a serum to your hair care routine. After using the above shampoo and conditioner, reach for the L’Oréal Paris EverSleek Frizz Finish Oil-in-Serum. Apply 1-2 pumps evenly on damp or dry hair from your mid-lengths to your ends.
3. Embrace a carefree look. Messy hairstyles are super-trendy these days, so embrace the frizz! Air dry your hair with one of the following three styling products.
L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Ruffled Body Mousse: Shake the can well, then hold it upside down to dispense an egg-sized amount into your palm. Apply the mousse to clean, damp hair, evenly distributing it from root to ends. For added body, flip your head upside down to scrunch.
L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray: Spray throughout towel-tried hair. If your hair is straight, create a braid after spritzing on the wave spray, then undo the braid once your hair has dried.
L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Undone Style Cream: Dispense a small amount of product into your palm and apply it to clean, damp hair. Evenly distribute it from root to ends by using your fingers as a comb.
When your hair tends to start looking greasy by midday, it can take all over your willpower to not hide your mane under a hat. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Consider this your guide to caring for and styling oily hair.
1. Use a system of pre-shampoo mask, shampoo, and conditioner formulated for oily roots. Add the L’Oréal Paris Hair Expert Extraordinary Clay Pre-Shampoo Mask, L’Oréal Paris Hair Expert Extraordinary Clay Shampoo and L’Oréal Paris Hair Expert Extraordinary Clay Conditioner to your shower. The Extraordinary Clay system helps to instantly purify oily roots and hydrate dry lengths without weighing hair down. To use the mask, apply it to dry roots section by section, making sure to fully cover your entire head. Leave it on for five minutes, then rinse while gently massaging your scalp. Follow with the shampoo and conditioner.
2. Spritz on dry shampoo. The L’Oréal Paris Hair Expert Extraordinary Clay Dry Shampoo is formulated for normal to oily hair to help refresh hair between shampoos. Shake the can well before using, then hold it 6-8 inches away from your hair and spray directly onto oily roots and lightly throughout the rest of your hair.
3. Lay off the styling products. If your roots tend to look greasy, keep the use of styling products to a minimum—and when you do use them, only apply them to your ends.