Before You Color
Lightening Preview Test
Do a lightening preview test to determine the approximate timing required to reach the desired degree of lightness and to confirm that your hair is in the right condition to use Super Blonde®. This is particularly important if your hair has been previously colored. Here’s how to perform this simple test.
Snip a strand of hair 1/4-inch wide from center back of head, where hair is darkest, and tape one end.
• Prepare a small amount of creme lightening mixture as follows: Using a plastic spoon and a small plastic or glass container, add 1/2 teaspoon of Super Blonde Lightening Powder to 2 teaspoons of Super Blonde Developing Creme. Stir lightly. Now add 1/2 teaspoon of Super Blonde Lightening Creme. Mix thoroughly until a rich cream forms.
Do a strand test by applying color to a small section of hair before covering your whole head. This will give you an idea of how long to keep the color mixture on in order to achieve your desired results and gives you a nice preview of what your hair will look like.
All-Over Color Application
Choose an All-Over Color Application if you are lightening your hair for the first time.
Make sure your hair is dry, unshampooed, and detangled.
Put on Salon Gloves. Drape towel over shoulders to protect clothing.
Unscrew cap of Super Blonde Developing Creme and discard cap. Separate packets. Shake Lightening Powder packets to loosen contents. Cut along dotted line on both packets at the corner and carefully pour entire contents of both packets into Super Blonde Developing Creme bottle. Keep packets away from eyes and face. Be sure packet opening is completely inside neck of Super Blonde Developing Creme bottle.
Screw applicator tip onto Super Blonde Developing Creme bottle. Placing gloved finger over opening, point bottle away from your face and shake well.
Remove applicator tip. Pour entire tube of Super Blonde Lightening Creme into bottle. Replace applicator tip. Placing gloved finger over opening, point bottle away from your face and shake vigorously until mixture becomes rich and creamy.
Part hair into four sections as shown.
• Start at the back of your head where hair is usually darker. Make small 1/4-inch parts with the tip of the applicator bottle and apply Super Blonde mixture on each strand of hair, keeping lightening mixture 1 inch away from scalp. Work the lightening mixture with gloved fingers through to hair ends. Do not apply on the roots at this stage.
• Continue applying lightening mixture until the hair strands of all four sections are evenly covered. A third of the lightening mixture should be saved to apply to your roots.
Leave lightening mixture on hair for half the time indicated in the Lightening Preview Test.
• Now you can proceed to Step 2 and apply lightening mixture to the root area.
Use the remainder of the lightening mixture and apply on the 1-inch root area. Begin at the darkest part of your hair, making small 1/4-inch parts.
• Continue until the root area of all four sections is evenly covered with lightening mixture. Gently work the remaining lightening mixture through all your hair.
• Do not rub into scalp. Loosely pile hair on top of head.
Leave the lightening mixture on hair for the remaining developing time indicated on your Lightening Preview Test. Hair should be pale yellow.
• If you are not satisfied with the lightening results after the recommended time, leave the lightening mixture on longer, but never more than 60 minutes.
Rinse & Condition
When the time is up, thoroughly rinse product from hair, using warm water. Squeeze out excess water.
Apply Super Blonde Conditioning Shampoo. Work thoroughly but gently into your hair.
Leave on for two minutes.
Rinse well with warm water until water runs clear.
Towel dry hair gently until damp-dry. If using a hairdryer, set it to “cool.”
Condition your hair with EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care.
Follow Prepare Mixture directions in the “All-Over Application” section.
Part hair into four sections.
• With the tip of the applicator bottle, make small 1/4-inch parts and apply mixture only to the new growth at the roots, working from the back where hair is usually darker to the front of the head.
• Continue to make small 1/4-inch parts and apply mixture until the new growth at the roots of all four sections is evenly covered.
• Avoid overlapping mixture on previously lightened hair as this could cause breakage.
Leave lightening mixture on hair for half the time indicated on the Lightening Preview Test.
• When time is up, determine the lightness progress by wiping lightening mixture from small area near the roots. If hair has not reached the desired degree of lightness, reapply lightening mixture to test strand and continue to check every 5 minutes, until you reach the lightness desired. Never leave lightening mixture on your hair longer than 60 minutes.
Rinse, Condition & Recondition
Follow “Rinse and Condition” and “Recondition” directions in the “All-Over Application” section.