If you’ve ever headed out the door after styling your strands with the beautiful “b’s”—big, bouncy, body—only to catch a glimpse of hopelessly limp hair a couple of hours later in the bathroom mirror, you’re likely one of nearly half the population with fine hair texture.
The good news is that even fine hair can feel twice as thick with new Volume Filler from L’Oreal Paris. Incorporating these simple tricks into your routine can help inject lasting bounce that will see you through the day or night much longer than your lipstick or heels will.
1. Start in the shower. Cleansing is a vital part of your routine that can make or break a big hair day. Use an amplifying duo like L’Oréal Paris Volume Filler Thickening Shampoo & Conditioner, with formulas with Filloxane, a patent-pending ingredient that immediately penetrates the hair fiber to create texture from within. Hair feels fuller instantly. Wash after wash, hair feels twice as thick as before*. The Volume Filler Fiber Amplifying Concentrate takes it a step further with an in-shower ampoule treatment. Mix with a bit of conditioner to deliver the highest concentration of Filloxane (5 percent), and see what two times more hair feels like.
2. Do the flip. When blow-drying, simply flip your hair upside down and work your fingers around the scalp while aiming the hairdryer at the roots to use the forces of air and gravity to rev up body. For a quick pick-me-up throughout the day, flip your hair upside down again and fluff the roots with fingers to help reawaken volume at the base.
3. Layer on a thickener. After you’re out of the shower, the product you work through your strands is crucial. Keep away from heavy pomades and oils that can weigh down fine hair. Instead, use a thickener like L’Oréal Paris Volume Filler Densifying Gelee that contains Filloxane. The result is hair that looks thicker. You can now blow-dry for a final look that is filled with body.
4. Add a root lifter to your styling arsenal. Try the New L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Boost It line for lightweight hold that adds another layer of bodifying action, perfect for fine, thin hair that can’t afford to be weighed down by heavy formulas. The Blowout HeatSpray infuses body while offering heat protection from tools, while the High Lift Creation Spray targets the roots for teased-up volume effect. The Volume Inject Mousse gives lifeless hair volume for an incredible 24 hours
5. Tease your crown. Spritz hair with High Lift Creation Spray. With one hand, firmly hold a 1-inch section of hair straight up and tease the underside using short, quick strokes. Continue around the crown. Next, lightly smooth the sections with a comb, and spray with Lock It Fine Control Hairspray.
With L’Oréal Paris Volume Filler and Boost It, red carpet hair can finally be achieved on the runway of your own life.
5. Backcomb your crown. Most celebrity hairstyles with effortless-looking body have been “teased.” Start by prepping with a root lifter like L’Oréal Paris Boost It High Lift Creation Spray for a volumized base with workable texture. Then separate a 1-inch section at the crown and comb to smooth out tangles. With one hand, firmly hold the section straight up and use your other hand to insert the comb mid-shaft. Run it down in a quick, short stroke to the scalp. When you reach the bottom, pull the comb out and repeat the movement until you reach the desired fullness. Continue around the crown. When you’re done, lightly smooth the sections with a comb, and spritz with and Lock It Fine Control Hairspray for hold.
With L’Oréal Paris Volume Filler and Boost It products in your cabinet, red carpet hair can finally be achieved on the runway of your own life.
*Feels like 2 times more hair based on a consumer test of shampoo and conditioner.