We may look forward to pumpkin spice lattes and eggnog under the mistletoe in the winter, but one thing that’s not nearly as fun is severely dry hair that often blows in with the snow. For hair that stays smooth and hydrated no matter the temperature outside, add these damage-reducing tips to your hair routine.
1. Don’t cut ends, help repair them. Split ends get worse overtime, gradually working their way up the hair shaft. While getting regular trims helps, use a treatment like L’Oréal Paris Total Repair Extreme Split Ends Fixer to help seal splits temporarily at home.
2. Switch to a deep-conditioning routine. Using moisture-rich hair products in the winter can help negate some of the season’s harsh effects. L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Total Repair Extreme Shampoo & Conditioner instantly penetrate the hair to help repair over-processing. Use Total Repair Emergency Recovery Mask weekly as a deep treatment for soft, supple, reconstructed strands.
3. Use heat tools to your advantage. Total Repair Extreme Shampoo & Conditioner are specifically formulated to reconstruct and strengthen hair. Deep conditioning with the Emergency Recovery Mask weekly also replenishes and protects hair against hot styling tools.
4. Protect your strands during beauty sleep. Your cotton pillowcase may exacerbate your winter dryness. Cotton is super absorbent, and actually pulls moisture out of hair as your head lays on your pillow overnight. Switch to silk or satin pillowcases, or tie a silk scarf around hair at night retro-style to protect it as you slumber.
5. Use wool wisely. Wool is a popular in the winter because it keeps you super warm. But if your hair is long enough to rub against your coat, wool’s rough texture can actually agitate and dry out ends and even cause them to split with tension. Tuck your hair inside your coat to prevent chafing, or switch to smoother fabrics like leather and cashmere.
There’s no need to settle for hair that looks good for only a couple of seasons. With L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Total Repair Extreme haircare system, you can enjoy shiny, hydrated hair year-round.